Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2012 W/ecoboost...new cac

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 W/ecoboost...new cac

I got my new charge air cooler on Monday of this week. i have been waiting for it from the dealer since October 2012. When I pulled out of the dealership and gave the truck gas, I had virtually no power and the engine noise was quite a bit different. I knew they had also updated something in the computer so I though it would have to re-learn the fuel management. I was concerned but not overly. I drove around 10 miles to work. I had to climb a small hill just before I got to work and I had to down shift the truck to 3rd gear to get it to pull up the hill and maintain 50 mph. When I got to work I raised the hood to look at the work. That's when I discovered that the CAC outlet pipe was not connected to the engine intake pipe. I clipped them together and i have good engine power again. Needless to say I called the dealer and let them know how I felt about them not completing the work.

I have driven the truck for a couple hundred miles this week now and it seems that the shuttering and misfiring that I had experienced is not happening. I have driven it in similar weather and conditions that would cause the engine to misfire before the CAC exchange. It seems like the transmission down shift pattern has changed from 6th gear to 5th gear. It does not seem to stay in 6th gear when I drive a slight up hill grade.

So far I very happy with the change out of the CAC
The following users liked this post:
timekiller (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Just got mine done too but mine still holds 6th. Just drove about 40 miles today up and down hills with a 900 lb wheeler in my box at 62 mph, never downshifted. Really liking my truck again.

Quick Reply: 2012 W/ecoboost...new cac