Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2012 screw EB front left shutter and noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Glock+Ford=Lethal Combo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2012 screw EB front left shutter and noise

Utah weather has been very cold. It was about 8. deg today and rained. The rain turned in to ice on everything it touched. I didnt have any issues driving 45 minutes at 65mph on the highway to work, and had no issues driving on my way home either...except when I went to park. I was driving forward in to a spot, then backed to straighten up, then as I went forward again this loud vibration shutter started coming from the front left side. I could hear it over the radio. I turned the radio off, came to a stop and it went away. Tried to reproduce it and no nothing. Got out crawled under the truck, nothing. No snow, ice, debris, garbage, etc.

Ive been searching the forum and all I can come up with is the "loss of acceleration" issue the 2011 and early 2012 guys had. Mine is a late 2012 build and have never had any issues until today. Its got 6500 miles on it.

No CEL

Ive changed nothing under the hood. Ive bought the Roush Boost gauge but havent installed it yet. Stock intake, stock intercooler, etc.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Ecoboost77; 01-24-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 PM

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

First off, it has nothing to do with the engine. The moisture problem doesn't occur in the parking lot.

Second, in that weather, a little bit of moisture can cause a lot of problems. You may have had some ice build up on something and had to brake it loose. Maybe a little ice on a rotor and the brake pad drug on it. Who knows. If it happens again I'd be concerned but otherwise I'd write it off.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Glock+Ford=Lethal Combo

That is the answer I was hoping for. I know its not engine. It was in the front left wheel/firewall area or so. Its plausable it was exactly what you say it is.

I have that new truck "been reading the forums too much" fear. LOL.

Thank you.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Could have been the abs or traction control if it was icy.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by MadocHandyman
Could have been the abs or traction control if it was icy.
Thats my guess too. I'd say that you had a wheel slipping on ice and the traction control was kicking in, engaging the abs. Either that or the vacuum pump had a rough moment but I'm still betting on the traction control.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 AM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

We do not get snow in Florida but the other day I was driving in the rain and had to brake hard to avoid some idiot who pulled out in front of me and it sounds like hell when the ABS kicked in! It did do it job quite well.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Glock+Ford=Lethal Combo

It could have been the ABS for sure. Didnt think about that. Thank you again everyone. I really appreciate it.

I dont usually panic but there have been a lot of issues with cars around here. Peoples batteries, fuel lines, door locks, handles, etc. are freezing. Causing a lot of heartache. Ive been fortunate thus far but when this little incident happened it just made me anxious...

Quick Reply: 2012 screw EB front left shutter and noise