Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2011 BOV to Atmosphere question. -Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2011 BOV to Atmosphere question. -Thanks

I have a quick question about this MOD for sound.

I have been searching but cannot find the answer anywhere.

2011 ecoboost.

Passager side.

So, I disconnect the rubber hose going into the solid tube...... Then I can either block that off or install a little air filter?

My questions are, whats the difference between blocking off with a CAP or using an air filter?

And then what do I do with the hose I just disconnected? Does that hose need to be blocked off, filter installed or nothing?

Same goes for passanger side right?

Thanks very much
Old 01-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

The port on the intake piping is the one that needs to be capped so unfiltered air isn't fed into the turbo. The little air filter is to be installed on the BOV port located on the top of the actual turbo via heater hose.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:29 PM

And yes, both sides are setup basically the same. Passenger side is easier than the driver side.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:23 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by klumb15
And yes, both sides are setup basically the same. Passenger side is easier than the driver side.
Klumb15, have you done this mod? I've been thinking about doing it and seeing how I like it. Do you have any pictures you can share showing how you have things set up?
Old 01-17-2014, 05:17 PM
SuthernF150

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

you HAVE to cap the intake side, you DONT block the nov side, you can filter it if you want to
Old 01-17-2014, 10:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Im not too familiar with this mod. Wouldn't it be best to do it to both turbos though??? & does anyone have some sound clips? I love my truck, but do wish it had a little more sound... Are there any possible negative consequences in doing this as well? Thanks
Old 01-17-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BRONCMAN
Im not too familiar with this mod. Wouldn't it be best to do it to both turbos though??? & does anyone have some sound clips? I love my truck, but do wish it had a little more sound... Are there any possible negative consequences in doing this as well? Thanks
X2
Old 01-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BRONCMAN
Ok, I read about this all yesterday and talked to my friend who is a Ford tech. It will not hurt the truck in anyway. If you are under warranty this technically would void it, but you can easily convert back in a couple minutes with the way I have detailed below and they would never know.

This is for 2011 and 2012s. 13's can be done also but you will have to find the other post on that.

2011 + 2012. Both on the drivers side and passenger side, disconnect the BOV hose that runs into the intake. Only disconnect it on the intake side. You must then plug this hole, so dust and dirt doesn't get it. You can order a plug online, or you a rubber chain end from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Now what I did was on the BOV side, I left the hose on.... Then I put a little crankcase breather hose on the end. (pepboys, napa), (connect this filter to the hose...) You can then zip tie the hose so it stay in place. Do to passenger and drivers side and your done. This way if you ever need to take truck in for service you can re-connect both hoses to stock in a matter of minutes.

Drivers side it a little harder than passenger side, but really this MOD is super easy and if you think the drivers side is too hard, you shouldn't be touching your truck to begin with. This is an easy MOD.

It sounds pretty cool....... If you did take the hoses off all the way, you could use a heater hose and just make it like 2 inches long then connect the filter, and it would probably be louder, but most likely just by a little bit.

By the way, the filters are just for precautions. There is no vacuum on that line at all, but just in case its always a good idea to do. If you ever detail under your hood with a hose or power washer, def hook everything back up to stock while your doing that.

If anyone is interested, Ill post a YOUTUBE video on how to do this. Let me know.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mudweiser
Klumb15, have you done this mod? I've been thinking about doing it and seeing how I like it. Do you have any pictures you can share showing how you have things set up?
Yes I have. I copied engineermike's setup to a T. Here is the thread he created so no sense in recreating the wheel.

https://www.f150forum.com/f70/bypass...170228/index4/

Good pics in post #37
Old 01-19-2014, 05:32 PM
FX4 SCrew TT'd V6

Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Half_ton (01-19-2014)

Quick Reply: 2011 BOV to Atmosphere question. -Thanks