Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2010 stalling out...need help or advice!!!!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 stalling out...need help or advice!!!!

Hey guys I've been back and forth with my local ford dealership about my 2010 stx staling out while i'm driving. It's very dissappointing, frustrating and most of all dangerous because there is no power steering, so you can see my concerns. The dealership told me they can't do anything until it does it when they have the truck or stalls out again and throws a code. It's happened three times now and the latest one this weekend, i was turning into an intersection when it happened, almost causing an accident. What can I do?? Ford has no answers, my dealership has no answers which scares me even more because what if it happens again and the worse case scenario, I get hurt or hit someone else causing them injury. I don't know what to do and reaching out to the F150 community to possibly give me some advice, because anything will help!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is some thought. Almost anything electrical or controlled by the ECM or monitored by the ECM will usually throw a code. So if your engine is dying out and not throwing a code, I would look in the area of fuel not getting to the engine. Either filiter, something stopped up in the Gas tank, fuel pump or a short in the wire to the fule pump, But maybe even a fuel pump not getting power may show a code. My guess is somehow it may be starving for fuel. Running out of fuel will not throw a code wheter it is really empty or stopped up.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 AM

Received 373 Likes on 227 Posts

Could be bad fuel. Try to switch stations for your next fill ups if you haven't already. If you did get bad fuel there will be water/etc in the tank for some time even after filling with quality fuel.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:26 PM

Hey guys thanks for the replies and I appreciate the help. The truck has stalled out 3 times since I bought it in March 2010. I'm going to Call my dealership and have them take the truck and check the fuel lines, fuel pump,..etc..
Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 PM

We are on out SECOND F150 where this stalling issue is happening. We refused to drive the vehicle so the dealership only gave us only two options 1) Drive it till it throws a code or 2) Trade it in. We opted to trade since we didn't want to take the risk.

Now the second truck is doing the same thing! Both trucks were 2010 and we lost money on the trade in. I know if sounds crazy unlikely but something is going on.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

There are actually several complaints about this filed with NHTSA -

I recommend you file a complaint as well, since that can get NHTSA to force Ford to check into it. From the other complaints, the problems were exactly the same.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/online.cfm

You can look up all of the 2010 Ford F-150 complaints at this link - Sorry I couldn't lnk directly to the results, it's fairly simple to search though.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Please add me to the list of those suffering from 2010 stalling issues.
The first time it happened (2 weeks ago), I was moving ~50mph on highway 55 in NC and the truck just died as I was coasting for a red light. I took the truck to the dealer, sat there for 2 hours and then they said they couldn't find anything wrong after checking with the computer. Just told me to call back if it ever stalled again. Well.. it stalled again yesterday on an on ramp to the highway (alittle scary as it was really hard to slow down and turn). I called the dealership again and they are going to set me up with a loner next week to do a full check on the vehicle.

2010 F150 4.6 2V - 17,000 miles

Also, for those that this has happened to, did you notice a loss of power in ur butt dyno (or a delay in power) for a day or so before the stall actually occured? I told the dealer the truck felt sluggish, but didn't have solid evidence other than "butt dyno"

Ill let others know what the dealership finds (if they find anything)
Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM

can I get a moderator to move this out of the 2011+ engines?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 stalling out...need help or advice!!!!