Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

'13 5.0 idle shudder with AC on

Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 538 Likes on 448 Posts

Default '13 5.0 idle shudder with AC on

The heat and humidity is slowly starting to creep back to south louisiana and ive started using my AC. Ive noticed that while sitting at a stop light and the AC compressor kicks on i get a RPMs drop 100-200 causing a shudder. Anyone else with this issue. Could this be resolved by increasing the idling RPMs by ~100 or so?
Dealer should be able to adjust this correct?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by zimmer0
The heat and humidity is slowly starting to creep back to south louisiana and ive started using my AC. Ive noticed that while sitting at a stop light and the AC compressor kicks on i get a RPMs drop 100-200 causing a shudder. Anyone else with this issue. Could this be resolved by increasing the idling RPMs by ~100 or so?
Dealer should be able to adjust this correct?
My hatred for you runs deep!

J/K

We are expecting another snow storm, I am ready to jump off a bridge. This god damn winter has to end!!!!

Back on topic, AC compressors take a lot of juice, specially at udle. That said, most engines idle up when the compressor starts up, so certainly worth having the dealer look at it.

Ian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '13 5.0 idle shudder with AC on