Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winch ready grill guards

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Winch ready grill guards

Does anyone know of a winch ready grill gaurd for the 2015 F150 Ecoboost? I've read somewhere that a winch shouldn't be placed where it has traditionally been placed because it blocks the flow of air to the turbo???
Old 09-10-2015, 04:05 PM
FlyFisher

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts

If you're not going to be using the winch all the time, I recommend getting a grill guard with an integrated receiver so you can use a multimount winch on the front or back, and store it in the garage when you know you won't need it. This saves wear and tear on the winch as well as constant weight on the front end (~100lbs depending on the winch and cable) which may effect gas mileage, and provides flexibility for using the winch. This is what I did and am very happy with the flexibility. As far as manufactures, if you're just looking for a guard vice a full replacement bumper, Ranch Hands are used a lot where I live. Check out bumpersuperstore.com or madefortrucks.com for a pretty wide selection to look at.

Quick Reply: Winch ready grill guards