Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what tires and size are best ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tires and size are best ?

I have a 05 f150 super crew 4 by 4. I bought it used from an aution, it was originally sold in reno then repo'd. It has 255/70 17 general brand tires on it that say M & S but they dont act like they are. They have a closed shoulder and dont grip on snow well. I also dont like the look of the tire in the wheel well. It looks too small. I have never been a wheel n tire guy, but I dont like the look I have now on my first truck. I think I need a larger tire - all terain or M & S with a somewhat aggressive tread, maybe a larger wheel and maybe a wheel with a bit more appeal, but I dont want to blow big bucks.

My use:
4 to 6 winter trips a year to the Tahoe mountains. Another 6 trips during the summer. So the truck does mostly highway driving. I am not an off roader. I do not want excessive road noise - the stock stereo system is not that great. My wife doesnt want the truck too much taller than it is.

Any advice out there?

Quick Reply: what tires and size are best ?