Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upr catch can issue 2013 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upr catch can issue 2013 3.5

I just out a UPR mega catch can on my 2013 3.5 FX4 with 44k. I have an SCT with MPT tunes and I have been running my 91 performance race tune. I notice I have lots of smoke at idle and it smells like burnt oil. I drilled a .050 hole in the CAC where the air to the intake manifold is to drain any liquids and im not seeing anymore oil from there. I have re-checked the hoses on the catch can multiple times and had another mechanic look it over. We can't see an issue with the installation. I noticed that I have an oily residue in my exhaust and my mileage has dropped 4 mpg since I installed the catch can. I have removed the engine cover thinking that maybe a hose was getting kinked but the problem is still there. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old 02-22-2017, 12:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I put a catch can on my 2014 3.5l. I started getting an oil smell when i'd get off the highway in to the cabin. I thought my hoses were leaking, but could find anything wrong with the hoses. It ended up being the vented oil cap.

The cap is two parts and it opens up to allow for cleaning of the filter thar sits in the upper cap and it did not close tight, so that was where my oil smell was comibg from.

As for a tuner and your exhaust issues, id take it back to original spec and see if the oil issue goes away.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had the issue now since I removed the engine cover and tightened my oil cap. I believe you were right. Thanks