Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated Mod List...Pics Finally Here!!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Updated Mod List...Pics Finally Here!!

Not really a "normal" mod I guess in the F-150 World, but going w/the Skull & Crossbones motif (one of a kind, speciality badges being made & due in Feb!) but I thought that I'd get the ball rolling w/my new "Hellion Tear" vinyl graphic. Of course it is identical on both sides and onces again even in the graphic I'm trying for that combo color of silver black (& some white of course). Yeah, could've gone bigger, yeah I know, but I didn't want it too overwhelming & I'm happy and satisfied w/how it looks & turned out. Enjoy!

Oh, and of course nothing else major to really brag about, but in the pic you can see my newly added window deflectors which I think add a small, but nice little touch of sophistication (can you please pass the grey poupon?) to the window area.

Last edited by dre23; 01-22-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Here's a shot of my other & last decal in my slider back window of a skull & crossbones along w/a not so well taken pic of my Trifecta Tonneau Cover. I absolutely LOVE this things. Went and got the car washed today (automatic w/brushes (yes, I did, don't crucify me!) and then they finish w/hand wash & waxing) so pretty much everything on the truck that could've gotten wet, DID get wet. I opened my tailgate afterwards to see how damp my stuff was inside from after the wash, and not a single item was even slightly damp! two thumbs up indeed for this product!!

Oh, and I had my flash on the camera on, so it didn't show up as brightly, but that third brake light is the RECON third break light, but no one in my fam wanted to go out and face the cold and step on the brake while I took the pic, so all you can see is the two "white" outer pieces and not the "red" inner piece. Oh well, maybe they'll be a lil more cooperative next time. I am very pleased tho w/how bright this is.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:46 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Talking I Can See Clearly Now...

Per Tide's recommendations, I went w/the windshiled eyebrow which you can hopefully see in this pic (the sun was kinda blinding me and messing up my shots today...DANG sun!!) Big Props to Tide for showing me the 'darker' side to car moddin'!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Less than 60 mins after getting 'em put on @ the shop, had to take a pic of my new Westin Driving Lights w/them covers still intact. Sorry for the pic quality; didn't have the dig. cam. w/me @ the time & had to use the camera phone.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:54 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Default Westin's In Action

Here is a pic w/the Westin's turned on (via my nicely placed dash push button "on/off" switch). Of course this pic does not have my fog or high beams on, so I would say that the Wests alone add a pretty nice bang for the buck. (And no Buck, I'm not talking about you! )

Old 01-22-2008, 12:02 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Thumbs up

This is one of the fave pics of mine. Remember, the third RECON LED brake light is not 'activated' cuz no one wanted to rough the elements and step on it for me, so it is not showing the usual middle red light that would show if I were actually braking.

The Pacer 60" tailgate light I am VERY happy with, and includes all functionality:
Running Lights
Parking Lights
Hazard Lights
Turn Signals
Except turning white when I'm backing up which is a nice little extra, but I didn't really care about it one way or the other. If the only reason you notice that I'm backing up is b/c that 60" strip has turned white, than you don't need to be driving in the first place!!

Oh, and for those of you who may be wondering, the shop I went to did use the self-adhesive tape that comes w/the product, but also did drill it into place as well.

Last edited by dre23; 01-27-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like the third brake light
the brow is too high in my opinion, my guy did mine low and i was like omggg my dad is going to flip and he did but im so glad he did that bc i love it and it helps so much.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:24 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Thumbs up One Little Problem Tho...But Thankfully Solved

Now brotha's & sista's tell me, if you guys bought this;

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/rec...g-cabroof.html

wouldn't you believe that you were getting actual lights?

Well it comes to find out that both myself and the store sales mngr who ended up looking up the part piece and ordering it thought so. But it turns out that it is only the light covers! What?! Does that sound as tho that is what is being advertised above. Oh well, so I wasn't able to get my 5 cab roof lights done today, but he said he would have the actual lights into the store by Friday and could do it then. He did give me a nice little discount on todays work though due to his mistep, so that was a blessing in disguise.

On further truck modding gold minds, I found an absolute STEAL for a set of 4 Bushwacker "Pocket Style" Fender Flares (take a look @ wxmcpo cuz he has the exact same kind) for only $350 delivered to my door. Saw them as a special on Amazon.com (they only had 1 set left) and I went to another more 'automotive friendly' website that price matches and showed them Amazon's offer, and to say the least, they were flabbergasted, but said they would stand by their word. The cheapest that I've found them is for atleast $100 more, and that is pretty much what the shop is going to charge me to install them anyways, so I'm still getting out ahead!!!

I'm probably gonna keep them the matte black (yeah, you all should know by now my color scheme theme) as oppossed to spending a couple extra hundred just to have them look 'pretty' (no offense to anyone, b/c I gotta admit that they do look dang sweet painted), but black is gonna go w/my truck, & then I don't have to worry about my paint job gettin all dinged up.

So keep on top of the thread in about a week or so, cuz I'll be posting more pics to come of the Fender Flares and Cab lights which I'll prob just go out to the shop in one trip (they're all the way on the other side of town) and get 'em both done in one sweep.

Hope that you all have enjoyed my lil mod show for this evening, and my thanks and appreciation goes out to all you guys for showing a Newbie the way in a few short months (still got a long way to go) cuz back in October, if you would've asked me what fender flares were or what a Throttle Body Spacer, or even a Tuner were, I probably would've said, "HUH??"

So thanks guys & gals...you have been a wealth of knowledge, information & pure freakin' FUN!!!

Last edited by dre23; 01-22-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Thumbs up Good Lookin Out Ford!!!

Originally Posted by fordct2002
i like the third brake light
the brow is too high in my opinion, my guy did mine low and i was like omggg my dad is going to flip and he did but im so glad he did that bc i love it and it helps so much.

FordCT,
You are ABSOLUTELY 100% FREAKIN RIGHT about my brow being too high. I think that I was going conservative at first cuz I didn't want to overdo it, but after driving around today, I realized that it was not blocking nearly the amount of light/sun that I needed it too.

Do you know if the shop will have to start from scratch to make the brow lower, or can they just simply 'add on' to what is already existing there?

Approx. how many inches low is yours would you say & is it straight across in one even line or does in "swoop", if you know what I mean so that the edges are lower than the middle?

Thanks man for your advice and help!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahaha thanks man

im not sure what they can do, i know tide got it tint on tint, but i would just peal it off and start over in my opinion.

i believe its 8.5 inches on the sides and like 1 inch from the dots in the center, i'll have to get the exact dimensions tomorrow when i wake up for you.

i have a pic in my gallery of me looking out from the interior, if u click on it it makes the pic very large so u can see details.

i'll try and post one here for you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Updated Mod List...Pics Finally Here!!