Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undercover Flex install help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 03:07 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Question Undercover Flex install help

I installed the Undercover Flex last night (in the dark) and im not sure if I did it right or if I need to adjust. I followed the instruction but actually had to adjust it to get it as close as it is now. When mounting the rails, the instructinos said flush to 1/8 above. I started flush and am not actually almost a 1/4 below the side of my bed. The rubber seals are mostly flush however the tailgate and bulkhead have me a little concerned... Did i mess up somewhere? Should I adjust it lower. Wanted to ask here first before call up the mfg. Let me know if you need different pics...

Old 12-22-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Out of the box, the seal should be touching the bed rail cap. Let the seals fall into place which will take a few days (since it's winter). If it were warm outside, they would fall into place faster. After a couple of days, post pics again.

Name:  Cover1_zpsz3nnmyug.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  67.5 KB
Old 12-23-2015, 09:06 AM
American Muscle

Originally Posted by Stage4
Out of the box, the seal should be touching the bed rail cap. Let the seals fall into place which will take a few days (since it's winter). If it were warm outside, they would fall into place faster. After a couple of days, post pics again.

Thats what I was hoping to hear. I assumed maybe there is a "break in" period for the rubber to heat up and form itself into place...

On the plus side, it rained last night and bed was 100% dry.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:16 AM

Were the drain tubes put through the plastic plugs or are the drain tubes just hanging down?
Old 12-23-2015, 09:17 AM
American Muscle

I drilled out the plugs and ran them through. I plan to do a review tomorrow. Ill post plenty of pics and create a link here.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by dplummer87
I drilled out the plugs and ran them through. I plan to do a review tomorrow. Ill post plenty of pics and create a link here.
You may have gotten some water in the rails' water channels which drained out the tubes. No problem though, that's the way it's supposed to work.

Quick Reply: Undercover Flex install help