Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true dual glasspacks vs. borla xr-1

Old 10-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question true dual glasspacks vs. borla xr-1

Hello I have a 5.4 triton f150 I was wondering with would sound better?

True dual magna flow glass packs 2.5" (2 mufflers). That go back and behind both rear tires with 4" tips...(side exit)

OR

A borla xr-1 3" muffler with a metal militia 5" tip that comes out before the rear passenger tire!?(side exit)

I'm choosing between these 2 setups... Witch one would be louder? Witch would sound better? Witch would have less resistance/drone?

THANK YOU! Please comment and post your thoughts/opinions!

FORGOT TO MENTION: I want a loud aggressive deep tone that is heard well in the cab! (It is a extended cab)
Old 10-05-2013, 03:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

From everything I've read and heard any true dual set up is gonna be more agressive than a single in/out set up, for the most part. Of those two setups I would lean toward the true dual in this case as well for being more aggressive.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ford797
Hello I have a 5.4 triton f150 I was wondering with would sound better? True dual magna flow glass packs 2.5" (2 mufflers). That go back and behind both rear tires with 4" tips...(side exit) OR A borla xr-1 3" muffler with a metal militia 5" tip that comes out before the rear passenger tire!?(side exit) I'm choosing between these 2 setups... Witch one would be louder? Witch would sound better? Witch would have less resistance/drone? THANK YOU! Please comment and post your thoughts/opinions! FORGOT TO MENTION: I want a loud aggressive deep tone that is heard well in the cab! (It is a extended cab)
5000% borla I promise you will not regret. It is expensive for a reason. True duals are only louder under WOT. The single borla sets off car alarms. But isn't deafening in the cab. It's by far the deepest
Old 10-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Y pipe out of the borla so you can have a dual exit
Old 10-20-2013, 04:43 PM

Received 90 Likes on 80 Posts

Glasspacks have always been more of a muffler for older trucks. I don't think they sound as good on newer engines. Borla would be the best set up probably. Probably alot more expensive tho.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: true dual glasspacks vs. borla xr-1