Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailor Hitch Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailor Hitch Covers

I don't know if anyone has posted here about this company but they have the best made most beautiful hitch covers. I got one that is the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagle It was large and so well made. Thumbs up to
KempterKustoms.com take a look
Old 09-13-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Never heard of them before now. I checked out their website. Good looking for sure but how is the fit and finish? A bit pricey for a hitch cover but worth it if they last a while and look good.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:54 PM

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice. I use this and never have to remember my hitch, and don't break my shins either.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:12 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockjock3
Nice. I use this and never have to remember my hitch, and don't break my shins either.

You should consider throwing a lock pin in there. I see you have one on the receiver itself but not the ball mount. I keep mine in a carrying case in the cab. I hate leaving anything in the receiver permanently due to rust. My buddy left a ball mount in his receiver on an old truck for years and we could not get it out when he finally sold the truck. We tried heat, penetrating oil, even backing it into a concrete wall, would not budge. If you live in an area where they salt the roads, take it out every so often and oil it up.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pugga
You should consider throwing a lock pin in there. I see you have one on the receiver itself but not the ball mount. I keep mine in a carrying case in the cab. I hate leaving anything in the receiver permanently due to rust. My buddy left a ball mount in his receiver on an old truck for years and we could not get it out when he finally sold the truck. We tried heat, penetrating oil, even backing it into a concrete wall, would not budge. If you live in an area where they salt the roads, take it out every so often and oil it up.
They only thing that anybody could take off my hitch are the pins that hold it in a certain position. The only way to get the ***** off is to take the whole hitch off the truck. To take the whole hitch off the truck you have to unlock the lockpin (keyed to my ignition key).

I keep it clean by cleaning it really good with a brush and simple green and spraying it with silicone spray.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:16 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockjock3
They only thing that anybody could take off my hitch are the pins that hold it in a certain position. The only way to get the ***** off is to take the whole hitch off the truck. To take the whole hitch off the truck you have to unlock the lockpin (keyed to my ignition key).

I keep it clean by cleaning it really good with a brush and simple green and spraying it with silicone spray.
Nice, I thought you pull the pins and the ball mount came off. Neat setup. I'm familiar with the Bolt lock setup also, I have the same thing and a cable lock for my bike. They're very handy.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pugga
Nice, I thought you pull the pins and the ball mount came off. Neat setup. I'm familiar with the Bolt lock setup also, I have the same thing and a cable lock for my bike. They're very handy.
Nope. You pull the 2 pins (that are on top of each other) and you can rotate the whole lower half of the receiver around and up/down to the appropriate level for your trailer. Mine has a down 3" to up 3" (so a total of 6 inches of height adjustment) by using the holes and/or flipping the whole assembly over in the hitch. Once you have it at the height you want and the pins locked in you take the next step. You now pull the single pin and the ***** actually stay in the unit and you turn them to face the one you need up and replace the pin. You can get them with various different ball sizes and up to 3 different ones on the same hitch. It saves so much time and I never have to hunt around for a hitch or a different ball.
The following users liked this post:
Pugga (09-20-2016)
Old 02-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

New hitch cover...reese made a very cool product!

New licence plate cover and hitch cover

Quick Reply: Trailor Hitch Covers