Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Brake Controller for F150 2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trailer Brake Controller for F150 2006

I need instructions on how to locate installation points fot install a
brake controller on my Ford F150 2006 model.
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 PM

Not sure what installation points your looking for. As far as mounting the controller, mount it according to the manufacturers installation instructions. There should be a factory plug under the dash down by the brake/steering column area for the brake controller harness to plug into. Hope that this helps.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 PM

I still have my kit in my glove box it is the harness and a realy.. the harness wires up to your brake controler and then plugs in under the dash like previously stated. I dont know where the rely goes yet. soon to install.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:05 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

relay goes right beside were u plug in the harness.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:52 PM

If I remember right...the relay goes into the fuse panel located in the passenger side kick panel down by the right foot. Also, when I installed mine the instructions were VERY specific saying NOT to match the controller wire colors to the truck harness wire colors. The plugin for the factory wire pigtail that was in your glovebox is taped to the loom under the steering column. You need to remove the panel and brace that are right under the column (in front of your knees). It's really simple to do. Just make sure you position the controller somewhere that you can actually REACH it if you need to use it. Stretching over to hit the trailer brakes isn't an option if your trailer starts swaying in nasty weather. Keep the controller within easy reach.

Quick Reply: Trailer Brake Controller for F150 2006