Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow mirrors

I'm looking to replace my stock regular mirrors on my f150 that have just the signals. Will the replacement tow mirror with turn signal and pudde light plug and play?
Old 02-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You didn't give enough info to know for sure, but if you have a 2015/2016 F150 with standard XLT mirrors that have only heated, powered glass, and side turn signals then most likely they are the 8 pin style. There are aftermarket super duty style mirrors that are plug and play. Look at eBay. Make sure to pop off the top corner trim piece in your truck and look at the electrical connector that plugs into your mirror. Go to harbor freight and buy a trim removal tool set. The plastic trim piece only has a couple of snap inserts holding it in place. If it's the square connector it's the 8 pin, if it's more of a long rectangular then it's the 22 pin connector style. The replacement mirrors are around $300 for the pair including shipping from what I've seen.
The following users liked this post:
vtech33 (03-12-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 12:47 PM

I have a 2010 f150 fx4 supercrew with stock regular f150 mirrors. They only have power and signal. The tow mirrors I want have heated signal puddle and power
Old 02-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj Loucks
I have a 2010 f150 fx4 supercrew with stock regular f150 mirrors. They only have power and signal. The tow mirrors I want have heated signal puddle and power

where are you getting yours from? i litterlally jsut ordered replacements for mine and we have the exact same truck...2010 Fx4... are yuo sure yours arent heated?? i didnt think mine were till i looked at my old window sticker. Also mine has Memory (im assuming yours does too) so you are looking for tow mirrows that have Power operation, Memory, Heated? Blinker, puddle light (seems to come on all of the A1 auto units) and manual telescope and manual fold
Old 02-02-2017, 01:29 PM

I just need to know if I buy the tow mirrors with all the options will they plug n play with my stock setup
Old 02-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Originally Posted by Dj Loucks
I just need to know if I buy the tow mirrors with all the options will they plug n play with my stock setup
Well you cant get the power fold option one and plug and play. I can let you know how the puddle light option will work when i install mine since i don't have that option on mine...but i figured if it doesn't work...who cares..didn't have that option to begin with.
Caleb Jones (02-11-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 01:55 PM

Agreed
Old 02-02-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

I have a 2013 XLT and went from standard, heated, power adjustable, no puddle lights to towing power adjust, with puddle lights and they worked. Seems the 09-14 have the same plugs (just maybe not same wiring to the plug), so they should plug in fine, but the options may not work.
2015+ have two different plugs.
Caleb Jones (02-11-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Let the Fun Begin

Hey DJ....just installed my Tow mirrors from A1, and they have the puddle lights, after jsut plugging and playing the puddle lights do work.
Caleb Jones (02-11-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 04:18 PM

The mirrors are plug and play, only thing that might not work are the heated mirrors depending on your model (read below). I did the swap on my 2010 f150 stx, very simple. Take the door panel off, 4 screws, 9mm I think, two at the bottom, one behind your interior door handle, and one in your groove to you use to shut the door. You will need a trim remover or a flathead screwdriver to access two of them. After all the bolts are out pull straight up on the panel and the clips will let go, I get a box and let the panel sit on it rather then hang by the power controls. Your mirror is held on by three bolts take them off disconnect your connector to your old mirrors and remove them, put the new mirror on plug the connector in and bolt the mirror on using your old bolts. Turn on the truck make sure power works and put the panel on and you are done with that instal. Now for heated mirrors your truck must be equipped with either the heated mirrors button or a rear defroster button on your climate controls in order for heated mirrors to work. The mirrors aren't always heated like some super dutys you must press the defroster button to make them work. If your truck does not have either defrost button like mine did you can go on eBay and find a used climate control that should also be plug and play it was in my case. I hope I was able to help!