Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tow Mirrors

Looking to add Tow mirrors for my 2014 XLT truck, it did not come with heated mirrors and want to hit 2 birds with one stone. Add the heat and the tow extended mirrors. I keep wiping the moisture off the mirrors, kind a hassle. Looking at this set from Amazon; TYGER OE-Style Plug&Play Towing Mirrors 2pcs
And have couple questions;
1- is the truck pre-wired? I have a defrost rear windshield with the switch, will that be the one that operates the mirror heat?
2- anyone used this brand and can provide some feedback?
3- any tips of removing the door panels on a 2014 XLT without breaking clips or something?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can help with number 1. Yes it is pre wired and the rear defrost switch is what you will want to hook up too.

2. Havent used that brand

3. Nope, just smooth and steady and a tab tool helps once you identify where the tabs are at. Get a rubber coated end or wrap a thin cloth around it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Others will chime in.
The following users liked this post:
wluttrell (12-08-2014)
Old 12-03-2014, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by BlueFlameEB
I can help with number 1. Yes it is pre wired and the rear defrost switch is what you will want to hook up too.

2. Havent used that brand

3. Nope, just smooth and steady and a tab tool helps once you identify where the tabs are at. Get a rubber coated end or wrap a thin cloth around it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Others will chime in.
Thanks for the advice blue flame.
I plan to get it in the next couple weeks, good thing about Amazon is they take returns, so if I get it and it looks crapy, then it goes back.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoAIA
Looking to add Tow mirrors for my 2014 XLT truck, it did not come with heated mirrors and want to hit 2 birds with one stone. Add the heat and the tow extended mirrors. I keep wiping the moisture off the mirrors, kind a hassle. Looking at this set from Amazon; TYGER OE-Style Plug&Play Towing Mirrors 2pcs
And have couple questions;
1- is the truck pre-wired? I have a defrost rear windshield with the switch, will that be the one that operates the mirror heat?
2- anyone used this brand and can provide some feedback?
3- any tips of removing the door panels on a 2014 XLT without breaking clips or something?

Thanks!
We carry really good quality tow mirrors. If you go to the dealer and have them run the VIN # they should be able to tell you if the truck is pre-wired for heated tow mirrors.

Where you have the rear defroster, there's a good chance that it is. Here's a link to the tow mirrors that we carry for your 2014 F150.

F150 Tow Mirrors

We also offer free shipping (in the lower 48 states) and a lifetime warranty on them.

Any issues at all call our customer service staff and we'll take care of you.

If you have any questions about our tow mirrors, I can help answer them for you.

Regards,
Tony
Old 12-14-2014, 09:13 PM

Thanks Tony. I ended up getting a set off Amazon called fit system. Did not like it, it takes too long for the heat to work. It looks like heat element is weak. It is working though but weak. This attached photo is after driving for about 5-7 mins.

I appreciate your advise. I plan to return this set then will weight my options.

Does your set have heat for the concave mirrior? Does it have the heat symbol and text similar to the oem?
Thanks!

Last edited by GeoAIA; 12-14-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:47 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks Tony. I ended up getting a set off Amazon called fit system. Did not like it, it takes too long for the heat to work. It looks like heat element is weak. It is working though but weak. This attached photo is after driving for about 5-7 mins.

I appreciate your advise. I plan to return this set then will weight my options.

Does your set have heat for the concave mirrior? Does it have the heat symbol and text similar to the oem?
Thanks!
To my knowledge, just the main glass is heated. We do offer free shipping and a lifetime warranty on them.

Tony
Old 12-19-2014, 10:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ATony
We carry really good quality tow mirrors. If you go to the dealer and have them run the VIN # they should be able to tell you if the truck is pre-wired for heated tow mirrors.

Where you have the rear defroster, there's a good chance that it is. Here's a link to the tow mirrors that we carry for your 2014 F150.

F150 Tow Mirrors

We also offer free shipping (in the lower 48 states) and a lifetime warranty on them.

Any issues at all call our customer service staff and we'll take care of you.

If you have any questions about our tow mirrors, I can help answer them for you.

Regards,
Tony
Just ordered a pair for my 2014 F150 thanks
Old 01-01-2015, 12:49 AM

Thanks!
Just a follow up update, I got the OEMs, and replaced today. Heat works much better , I teasted after installing one side to compare, Man what a difference- OEM cleared the fog in seconds while the other after few mins the heater lines started to show up. Glad Amazon takes returns.
The following users liked this post:
theshephard (01-12-2015)

Quick Reply: Tow Mirrors