Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Cover with Toolbox

Old 08-23-2011, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau Cover with Toolbox

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if they make a tonneau cover that fits an 06' F150 with a toolbox?

I really want something that would "wind up" over rolling up or folding... would be pretty secure

Any suggestions and/or pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks yall!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Check out the American X box. It's a line-x coated toolbox with a roll away bed cover. Looks great and probably very useful. I'm sure it's pretty pricey though as are most roll away bed covers

http://www.truckcoversusa.com/html/xbox.html
Old 08-30-2011, 08:11 AM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

bak flip makes a tool box that goes under its hard cover.
Seems a bit smaller, but it is a good idea.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:41 AM

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on this topic.

I'm looking for a toolbox + tonneau cover also. TCUSA seems to be the only manufacturer offering a legit product, but it costs $2,550 without the options (lights, actuators, Line-X, Yakima track, etc) or installation. Holy ****. I don't want my secure storage solution to become a primary target for theft!

Who has pieced together their own toolbox + tonneau cover? I figure a great toolbox plus a cheaper vinyl tonneau would cost less than $1,200, but I have no idea how water-tight it would be.

Truxedo has discontinued the Truxedo Plus, which seemed like a decent option to me. Several manufacturers offer "under-cover" boxes, but most appear cheap, flimsy, or insecure.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Curmudgeon

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I seriously considered the Truck Covers USA box and cover, but decided against because of the high cost and the small box. The roll-up cover takes up a lot of space in the box.

I ended up buying a Highway Products box with the gull wing lids. I liked their box because the joint between the lids and the box is angled down towards the sides of the box. This makes the reach-in a lot easier. The box was more expensive than others, but I'm pretty happy with it after a month.

I have a custom-made Truxedo LoPro QT soft tonneau cover on order. I couldn't find any hard-shell fold-up tonneaus that could be made to fit a tool box and Truxedo seemed to be the only roll-up soft tonneau with integral bows that would take a custom order. It should be here this week.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Be sure to post photos of how you seal up the bed with your new cover & box.

I was thinking about getting a Weather Guard brand box since every contractor I know seems to use them, and I might want to do the same thing you're doing with the LoPro QT cover. Approximately how much was it for a custom length?

Sounds like you were thinking the same thing I am while evaluating the options.

Last edited by Mr. Welsh; 10-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Extang just put this on their website today. http://extang.com/docs-ss/encore.html

I have a weatherguard chest (Love it!), from my old truck that will go under this extang cover, which is on order for me at the local accessory store. I think this is going to work great. The unknown is how many inches deep is the front section with the lock on it. If it's more than 22" I'll be good (meaning I'll be able to open the chest).

Last edited by IMTALLERTHANU; 10-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 PM

Autoanything has soft tonneau covers that will fit with a tool box, ranging from 66" bed to 96". Cover plus box will run around 650, depending on your choice of box.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:33 PM

bb37, have you gotten your box and cover installed yet?
Old 11-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Curmudgeon

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, just haven't taken any photos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover with Toolbox