Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Cover Suggestions/Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau Cover Suggestions/Help!

Hey all! I'm in the market for a tonneau cover and was looking for suggestions. I'm a military guy so I move around a lot. I was looking for a cover that is weather proof, has a lock and hard to break into when I'm moving across country. Easy installation would be a bonus as well. Also something that you can't just slice open with a knife either. Thank you for all the help! I've got a 2013 Ford F150 Platinum.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Firstly I'd like to thank you for your service. I'm new to the forum, and the truck world in general. Actually getting a cover installed tomorrow after getting the bed lined at Linex. After talking with the guy, he mentioned they've had better luck with the Bak company and products. That could be because of a multitude of reasons, some of which may me disagreed with by some here. I ended up landing on the Bakflip G2, and maybe I didn't do enough due diligence, but I feel there are a lot of similarities with the covers.

I guess it'll depend mainly on your price range as they vary. As well as how much you'd like to stuff the bed (the retractables take up bed space). The ones I was looking at were basically tri-folds that seemed to all be weatherproof and lockable either from the top, or are locked when the bed is locked. I'd like to think someone could offer more info than myself as I'll admit I'm an amateur with this stuff. I'll also say I was considering the Gator Fx2 based on the reviews I've seen. I would think for the 800-900 range you should be getting a quality product that serves you well and gives it a clean look.
The following users liked this post:
BronxBomber (11-15-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

You'll make enough money doing a DITY move that you should buy a topper. You can lock them, they are weather proof and secure your stuff a heck of a lot easier.

Otherwise i'd get one of these https://m.tonneaucoversworld.com/sho...IfYxoC2Wfw_wcB

If you need to fully open up the bed then these are popular
http://www.pace-edwards.com/

My boss has one of these, it's not 100% waterproof but pretty nice.
http://www.bakfliptonneaucover.com/
BronxBomber (11-15-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 04:44 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I think the most secure cover on the market is a RollNLock A-Series. RollNLock is the only cover that I know of that has FOUR locking points. However, if your Ford truck has the newer integrated tailgate step (the one with no handle showing), the RollNLock has to be a TWO locking points cover. The A-Series is all aluminum, there's no vinyl to cut.

The bad news: They are expensive!
BronxBomber (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 07:11 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the support! After shopping around my area for truck parts I think I'm leaning on getting that G2 cover and some Toyo Open Country II tires.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I like my Cooper At3 tires...
Old 11-15-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BronxBomber
Hey guys, thanks for the support! After shopping around my area for truck parts I think I'm leaning on getting that G2 cover and some Toyo Open Country II tires.
Just got the truck back last night after a linex spray and G2 install, looks sharp!

Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the BakIndustries Revolver X2 and I love it.
Attached Thumbnails Tonneau Cover Suggestions/Help!-image.jpeg  
Old 11-18-2016, 05:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With it closed
Attached Thumbnails Tonneau Cover Suggestions/Help!-image.jpeg  
Old 11-18-2016, 08:12 PM

I love my Diamondback!

https://www.diamondbackcovers.com/