Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tonneau Cover?

Hello all-
Just bought a 2011 F150 SuperCrew which came with a bed liner and tailgate step.
Any suggestions on a "hard" folding tonneau cover? It seems that I may have to remove part of the bedliner where potential rails may sit.
How will the cover affect the tailgate step?
Thanks,
Paul- (New to trucks.)
Old 09-25-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The three that seem to be the most popular around here is the Peragon Cover (see the group buy thread), the Solidfold and Bakflip. They all have their pro's and con's. Use the search feature and see which fits your needs the best.

I just rolled the dice on the Peragon due to a great price on the F150 group buy (unfortunately for you that is over) and the owner's involvement in this forum. I just installed it yesterday and the initial quality seems very nice, but only time will tell. I did have a small issue with the lock I am hoping will be resolved soon.

Congrats on the new ride. I picked up my new truck about a month or so ago and absolutely love it. I have owned nothing but trucks as daily drives and this one seems to be the best by far. . . But only time will tell.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

I wanted hard cover too. Looked at a few and went with the peragon from the group buy. Looking to install mine next week so can only speak to what I've seen.

The parts appear to be quality and the aluminum is machined well. Instructions look pretty straightforward. Customer support also seems top notch.

Give them a look. And a few hundred dollars cheaper than some others I was looking at.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Extang Solid Fold.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Another vote for Peragon here. I've had 3 different tonneau covers on my various trucks and this one is by far the best for my use and needs.

But what really makes them stand above the rest for me is the staff and their service. You can PM the President and CEO of Peragon right here on this forum and he will answer you within a day and sometimes sooner. I have had PM conversations with him at late as midnight and his staff has called me back after hours whenever requested as well. They welcome to feedback, their service is above and beyond anything I have experienced, they make a great product, and it's cheaper than just about any of the rest of them.

Easy choice for me
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really liking my BakFlip HD so far.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Hard Folding Covers:
Extang Solid Fold
Bakflip (three models - G2, HD, F1)
Advance Cover
FoldACover (two models, but get the G4 Elite)
Undercover Flex (soon to be released)
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM

I have the Bakflip G2 on my 2011 FX4 and love it.Ive had many soft covers in the past ,this is worth the money .
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM

I have a Peragon cover. I cannot say much about the other products but I think I would have issues with covering my rear window when the cover is open. That's just me though. A key selling point of the Peragon cover besides the level of commitment to customer service is that the cover can be quickly removed from the bed of the truck. This is useful if you want to dump a load of topsoil into the bed or if you just want to wax the cover to make it look good. As to the tailgate step, I have had no conflicts with the Peragon cover and the tailgate step. If you have a the plastic factory installed liner, You will need to notch out 4 small places to mount the hanger plates. That was a pain in the butt for me. I used a pair of large wire cutters and eventually leather gloves to avoid another blister.

In the end, I was very pleased with my purchase which looks like a lot less money than some of the competitors.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Extang Solid Fold

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover?