Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

time to make her loud

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to make her loud

Okay so I got a 2007 F150 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab with the 5.4. Like I have said in my other posts I am used to working with Mustangs and I have built all of my exhaust systems my self besides the mufflers. On the Mustangs I have always went with the Flowmaster Original 40s, best sound and I have always had good quality from flowmaster.

For the F150 I want some freakin pipes. I would like to do a true dual coming out both sides before the rear tire, but the fuel tank is in the way obviously. I may just have the two pipes coming out on the passenger side before the rear tire. I was thinking about getting a flowmaster 50, and then building it from there. I want at least some 3.5" tips on that baby. What are some of your ideas, I want that thing to be LOUD. What size piping should I use??? What mufflers do you recomend??? Or would you recomend glasspacks??? Or maybe even cherry bombs???

Let me know your input and what you have, post pictures and links and stuff.

I found this clip and really liked the sound and look of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePnTWeF6wVE

thanks.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:20 PM

i have the original 40 on my f-150, SI/DO, obviously true-duals will be louder than my setup, and aswell i have the 4.6L v8, heres what mine sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJgFQdoHeU
Old 08-12-2008, 05:24 PM

sounds nice, you think it would sound similar on the 5.4

Quick Reply: time to make her loud