Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking About Putting on a Lift..Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking About Putting on a Lift..Help

Hey guys,

I've got a 2010 XLT Screw that has a 2.5" leveling kit and 1" rear block w/295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapps on XD Monsters. Been shopping around and looking at moving up to Rough Countrys 6" Susp. Lift. I have a few questions if anyone can help...

1. If I'm not changing tire/wheel size, would I need to regear (I have the stock 3.55's LS)?

2. Do you think my 34.26" tires will look too small under a 6" lift? They are brand new and I really don't want to have to go up to 35's just for another 3/4".

3. If I keep my same tire size, will my mpg drop just b/c of the lift or are the mpg more related to a change in tire size?

4. Is Rough Country a brand you would trust on your vehicle?

Thanks all and I hope that my questions make sense!
Old 11-13-2010, 02:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

On a side note. I think you're truck looks nice the way it is. Good stance and nice tire size for the lift you have. Looks good.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:36 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

LOL, thanks Macaboo. I know right, it does look nice! But man, I see these lifts and I just start wanting to put one on, even if it just a 4" Rough Country lift. Atleast then I could have my stock suspension angles back as oppossed to the current blocks.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:39 AM
cobraless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say go for it! Truck looks good as it sits though too!

And if you decide to go with lift kit I will take your front level and rear blocks off of your hands if you're willing to sell.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Well I just called the truck shop and set up an appointment for Nov. 30! Now I guess I'm committed, lol.

Going w/the 4" Rough Country Susp. Lift for $1299, $550 labor, $75align, and $120 for cam bolts since my truck is new and they said they needed this as well??? But $2228 OTD which is a good price IMO.

But yeah SVT, I'll sell my kit to you. It'll prob have close to 2,000 miles on it by the time I get it off but if I can get something back for it, then it's all good! Where you at in Ohio?
Old 11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
cobraless

What ya thinkin on a price? You can PM me with the details if you want.

I'm in Dayton area

Thanks

ps..pics of lift when its done!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 PM

I have the rough country 4inch lift on my 09 and love it... I have 33's btw

Trending Topics

Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
2010 FX4

You definitely don't need to regear. That's usually associated with increasing tire size, unless you feel you need more torque. Your tires will look fine with the lift. I have a 6" lift with 34" tires. MPGs will drop a little due to aerodynamics. That air pocket under the truck is a killer. Lastly, I know nothing about Rough Country.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Originally Posted by Wburnham94
I have the rough country 4inch lift on my 09 and love it... I have 33's btw
That is good 2hear. I looked at your 'garage' and your truck looks sharp and it doesn't look bad w/the 33's. Glad to see someone who has this lift and likes it.

How has your ride changed, better/worse/same from stock? And you got the rear 9000shocks? Did you get any new struts or coilovers for the front or just what came w/the kit? (which I believe are spacers??)
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Originally Posted by californiachad
You definitely don't need to regear. That's usually associated with increasing tire size, unless you feel you need more torque. Your tires will look fine with the lift. I have a 6" lift with 34" tires. MPGs will drop a little due to aerodynamics. That air pocket under the truck is a killer. Lastly, I know nothing about Rough Country.
Thanks for the much needed info cali. You can tell your truck has a lift, but man does it look long too! It's a nice looking ride for sure.

The mpg's dropping is the only real big thing that causes me to flip flop back and forth on whether I want to go thru w/it or not. I mean its not like these trucks are forgiving when it comes to gas guzzling and I'm not trying to compound this 'problem'. But then I think that I already have 2.5" level in the front and 2 5/8 in the rear so I wonder how much of a difference a 4" lift would be compared to now....

Quick Reply: Thinking About Putting on a Lift..Help