Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged F-150

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:09 PM
OBI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged F-150

Hi Guys. I own a 2005 5.4l Supercrew Lariat. I am never happy with stock performance so I do what I always do.....Forced induction. I went with a Roush non-intercooled charger. I went this route because I'm far from finished and this way I can save some green for later down the road. I also added 2 15' E-fans by flex-a-lite and a catback magnaflow system. I am now ready to do the valvetrain.

I've heard a rumour that the heads from the GT500 are direct bolt-ons. Does anyone else know of this and if they do, could they provide me with the link so I can do a little more homework first. I was going to grab some Crane stage2 blower cams, port and polish, and do a valve job but would prefer to start with a better set of heads if possible.

Buyer's Note: I also purchased a set of Banks long tube headers. They were cracked at the flange and Banks claimed I would have to take it up with the shipping company. I could understand a dent or scrape but not a crack. My opinion is; They may produce good power gains, but why buy a performance upgrade from a company that doesn't stand behind their product when it was obviously a manufacture's mistake and or poor craftsmanship!!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the supercharger will add roughly 112 hp at the flywheel. If you get up towards 500 you will need to beef up the rear end and tranny to handle it.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 PM

Here are vids of mine with a Roush kit tuned by Troyer and other mods in sig, no trans mods or stock rear and gears

Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 PM
OBI

Thanks Matt. Thats the type of acceleration I'm looking for. I've heard nothing but good stuff from Troyer Performance. I live in Toronto,Canada though so I won't have their tuning expertise. How much were the coil packs by the way?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 AM

There around 400-450$

Quick Reply: Supercharged F-150