Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSBC Front disks 1998 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Snow Blower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSBC Front disks 1998 Lariat

Previous owner had installed the SSBC fronts on the F150, they had been turned a couple of times and one more turning looked like it would loose the vent slots so I ordered a new set of friction rings through Summit. I have made several purchases through Summit, seems like every one needed tech support prior to purchase and they have been time and time again extremely responsive.
One thing about SSBC's, they look like floating Ring/ Hat assemblies, but torque to 35 lbs and no shoulder bolts so no real floating going on. Just light and big.
Cost was less then $300 shipped including pads. Also did the rears including new seals.
After installation braking was less then desired or expected, so after a week I pulled them back off, cleaned rings and pads with brake cleaner and brillo pads and re-assembled. A little better, still wasn't happy until after about 500 miles break in, now stopping like a semi was dropped on it.

New rings and pads delivered to my door!

Old rings, slots almost gone

Quick Reply: SSBC Front disks 1998 Lariat