Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Split Rear vs Front of Rear Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Split Rear vs Front of Rear Wheel

So, I have been holding out for a split rear magnaflow (cat back) exhaust. its $100 more expensive than the flowmaster split rear because my guy doesnt stock it. I want magna because supposedly they are better and they are quieter correct? My question is, I had a flowmaster 40 dropped out in front of the rear tire before...It was a little to loud for my liking...If i stuck with the flowmaster, but did a split rear, would the incab noise be less??? Or should I hold out for the magna??? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO the flowmasters are too loud in the cab even split out the back as several of my friends have this setup. I have my magnaflow dumped right behind the muffler, it doesnt even go out the side, it goes basically straight down so its not blowing straight onto the rear axle, anyhow its not too loud at all, it makes noise when it supoosed to but at idle and cruising speeds the sound is almost non noticeable. I would go with the mag but thats just my opinion.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 PM
American Muscle

Originally Posted by JohnD
IMO the flowmasters are too loud in the cab even split out the back as several of my friends have this setup. I have my magnaflow dumped right behind the muffler, it doesnt even go out the side, it goes basically straight down so its not blowing straight onto the rear axle, anyhow its not too loud at all, it makes noise when it supoosed to but at idle and cruising speeds the sound is almost non noticeable. I would go with the mag but thats just my opinion.
Thanks. Look like Mag it is
Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a magnaflow with split exhaust out the side in front of the wheel. Probably a bit louder being closer exit to the cab compared to if I ran it out back. You should see a bit less backpressure with it exiting out before the wheel - much shorter pipes.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Your guy is trying to screw you over. If he is an exhaust shop it does not cost that much more just because he "doesn't stock it". I woked in a shop that did exhaust and if we didn't have it we just ordered it. It was not anymore because we didn't stock it. Its more if the quality is higher, which it is with Magnaflow Vs Flodisasters.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:47 AM
American Muscle

Originally Posted by NGM
Your guy is trying to screw you over. If he is an exhaust shop it does not cost that much more just because he "doesn't stock it". I woked in a shop that did exhaust and if we didn't have it we just ordered it. It was not anymore because we didn't stock it. Its more if the quality is higher, which it is with Magnaflow Vs Flodisasters.
I was wondering that same thing of why it would be an extra 100 bucks just to order it...

Quick Reply: Split Rear vs Front of Rear Wheel