Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT Livewire Updater Error

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:47 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Unhappy SCT Livewire Updater Error

I've been searching here and other places and can not find the answer. I've sent an email to SCT support and I'm waiting for their response. Since my truck is at the body shop cause of the Deer Mishap, I returned her to stock before I dropped it off. I was gonna update the Livewire. Before I connect the Livewire to the computer, I click on the SCT Device Updater to check for Software updates. It says there is a Software update available. My current version is 2.9.8.97 So I go ahead, Click on it, it starts the download and the green bar appears. At the end an error pops up stating "Incorrect File Size. Update Failed.". I've tried several times and same result, I went into the computer Device Manager to see if I can update it that way. I found that solution on Google once before. But it says the version is current, V10.11. I searched on Google and only found one other reference to this incorrect file size error, but no solution. As I wait for SCT's reply, has anyone else run into this "Incorrect File Size" error? I'm running Windows 10 on my PC.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are directly connected to the computer and not on WiFi, correct?
Old 02-11-2016, 12:50 PM

It is just the regular Livewire TS. Have had it for two years. The Livewire is not connected. It is the SCT Device Updater on the computer that I am trying to get it's software updated, and am having the issue with. Not the Livewire. Got an email from SCT saying they want to do a remote connect. they want me to download something first then call them. I'll try that maybe tomm. if I have time.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck - hope they fix you up!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is with Windows 10, I had to reinstall the SCT software from there sight, then you will find out that there is not a Windows 10 driver to recognize when you connect the unit to the computer to update it. I am currently trying to locate a win10 driver for the unit.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

If you find it, let us know. Mine worked great.... Till I updated my windows seven to ten. What a dumb idea that was.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:44 AM

Wink

I haven't had time yet to go further into this problem. Still dealing with the "Deer Incident" with my truck. But, If I remember correctly, I did the last update to the software, and the Livewire, even after I installed Windows 10. Looking back at my records, The last three times I updated were on 5/20/15 to Ver. 2.9.8.94. Then 8/12/15 to Ver. 2.9.8.95. Then lastly on 10/29/15 to Ver. 2.9.8.97. And I think the last one was after I installed Windows 10. I just can't remember when that was. I do know I did it as soon as 10 was available.

Trending Topics

Old 02-26-2016, 08:10 AM

Wink

Well, I tried something this morning and it worked. If anyone has Windows 10, and is running into problems updating their device, or the Device updater, try this. I couldn't remember if I had done any updates after I installed Windows 10. The last time I updated the Livewire was back in Oct.. So I may of still been on Windows 7 at the time. So, I decided to take a chance. I figured maybe SCT had updated their stuff to work with W10. So I deleted the current version of the SCT Device Updater from my computer. Then I went to the SCT website to download it once again, hoping that maybe something had changed. Apparently it has. Once it downloaded and appeared on my desktop, it prompted me to update the Device Updater. So I did. Once it was done, I plugged the Livewire into my computer, then clicked on the Updater Icon, then clicked on "automatically check for updates" and it worked. So my Livewire is now updated.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:31 AM

Interesting. I was sent a "64bit" driver file from SCT. Have yet to install and try it though.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:39 PM

UPDATE: Finally got around to trying to uodate my programmer. plugged it in and don't ya know, it's updating! I didn't even install the updated driver. It's gonna be a while though, there's 492 files to download. UGH!
Stay tuned as the saga continues... pun intended.

Quick Reply: SCT Livewire Updater Error