Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Legal? Roush Off-road

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roush Legal? Roush Off-road

I used to have a 4.0 explorer with a gibson exhaust. after time i didnt hear it anymore, no drouning, nothing. Now i have just bought a 05 5.4 f150 lariat and i want to put a roush exhaust on it. before i bought the lariat i was looking at a roush stage 3 150 but found out it was in the shop a lot so i decided not to get it. but when i test drove it i loved the exhaust, i just dont know which one was on it..a 06 roush btw, the dealer didnt have a clue. i dont want an extremely loud exhaust where i cant hold a conversation in my truck, but i also want an aggresive sound. my question is, if i buy the legal and then either get 4 high fllow cats or remove 2 and just install 2 high flow cats will that sound pretty loud..but not as loud as the off road, maybe do headers too. or should i buy the off road and install resonators if its too loud. i also would like to know if any would pass inspection in jersey beside the legal being alone.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the legal exhaust by itself first. IF you do not like the sound or it is not loud enough you can always mess with the cats later, I think right now you are just over-thinking, start small and go from there. Im not familiar with New Jersey law as far as legal inspections go, but If its anything like texas you probably do not want to take cats off but instead replace with high flow cats.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would go with the off road then if its to loud you could put resonators in

its cheaper to put a resonator then to get high flow cats and headers plus the exhaust cost the same amount

Quick Reply: Roush Legal? Roush Off-road