Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A review on RCI metalworks

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default A review on RCI metalworks

Hey guys i just wanted to share my experience of RCI Metalworks with you all. A few weeks back I was making my way through various things here on the forum when I came across these skidplates made by RCI. Long story short they look awesome and I immediately wanted all of them but then figured for now i better just stick with one . I went onto the website and found a front basic plate for my truck in 3/16 steel with a black powder coat. It came out to $201.23 after shipping. A little steep IMO but oh well I don't mind paying for quality. Anyway, shortly after making my order I realized i probably should of asked if they could make my plate red to match my truck. I messaged RCI here on the forum and asked if it was possible and they responded and said it was a $20 up charge. After a quick chat over the phone with them I pulled the trigger and told him to do it. Now it took almost two weeks for me to receive my package. When I opened it I immediately noticed all these defects in the finish of the plate. Now these weren't little things anyone with eyes could tell something went wrong when they coated it. Now I usually don't complain about stuff like this but in this case i paid $220 and I was expecting a little more. So I emailed RCI pics and I told them I was unhappy with it and they agreed that they screwed the pooch. Now being a small business guy I know its impossible to keep your eyes on every little thing that happens and we all have employees and it's not easy to stay on top of everyone accidents happen. They suggested me sending the 30lbs plate back to them to be recoated and they would return it. In any normal case I would have sent the product back but this being a heavy plate that cost $30 to ship(one way) that did not make sense to me. I shortly after emailed them back stating that I was more then willing to just keep the product and if they could do me a favor and cut me a bit of a discount on my next purchase I would be a happy and returning costumer. Well to my surprise i never received a response from anyone at RCI. No reply what so ever. Don't get me wrong I think RCI is a company with a lot of potential but I for one will not be returning.
Attached Thumbnails A review on RCI metalworks-image-1060034986.jpg   A review on RCI metalworks-image-750125551.jpg   A review on RCI metalworks-image-2290047651.jpg   A review on RCI metalworks-image-2101087566.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 02:18 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey just came across this review and wanted to try to resolve any issues you may have...

I did receive your email recently and apologize for the delay in response as we were out of town all week sponsoring an event.

There is no defect or flaw in the finish of your skid plate, you are seeing the batch stamp from the mill as well as some slight color variations of the steel itself through the powdercoat. This is simply because the red does not hide as well as other colors and ends up being mildly transparent. Bear in mind this WAS a custom color, done by a third party business and as such we have less control in the matter. As previously said, we are happy to return or re-powdercoat the product for you, with all shipping costs paid by us as mentioned in the last email.

In any case, we look forward to making this right with you, and thanks for your patience in this busy time of summer for us!

http://www.rcimetalworks.com
Old 07-27-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RCImetalworks
Hey just came across this review and wanted to try to resolve any issues you may have... I did receive your email recently and apologize for the delay in response as we were out of town all week sponsoring an event. There is no defect or flaw in the finish of your skid plate, you are seeing the batch stamp from the mill as well as some slight color variations of the steel itself through the powdercoat. This is simply because the red does not hide as well as other colors and ends up being mildly transparent. Bear in mind this WAS a custom color, done by a third party business and as such we have less control in the matter. As previously said, we are happy to return or re-powdercoat the product for you, with all shipping costs paid by us as mentioned in the last email. In any case, we look forward to making this right with you, and thanks for your patience in this busy time of summer for us!
This response would of been acceptable over a week ago. It's interesting to see how quick of a response you get when posting on the forum. Best of luck to you but I am no longer interested in doing business with RCI metalworks.

Quick Reply: A review on RCI metalworks