Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Replace OEM Bumper with a custom one...

I Rear-ended a guy a few months back and basically bent my bumper in half. I pulled the whole thing off along with the brackets via the 2 large nuts on both of the frame bumper mounts. I then then threw the whole thing away (stupid mistake I know) along with the 4 bolt mounting brackets and anything they might have been attached to.. Now my question is if I decide to buy a custom bumper to replace the old one, what would I have to get aside from some new brackets? The reason I ask is because looking at the available custom bumpers online I see no bolts mounted to them or any other type of mounting screws/hardware attached to the things, they appear to just be big fiber glass pieces. I looked for a "how to" online and came up empty handed. Any help is appreciated. This is the bumper I'm looking at. Thank you in advance. http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dimensions/Front-Bumper/Ford-F150-Extreme-Dimensions-Duraflex-Fiberglass-OEM-Front-Bumper-_-103057/615689/
NeKr0MAtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Maybe I am missing something- but isn't that just a cover that goes over your existing bumper?
And can't you find something at a wrecker from a truck that was in a rear end collision? Then you could mount the cover over it. Or did I not read this well?
2011 Lariat Eco 4x4- Leather, Nav, Black Boards, Upgraded Audison/ Hertz Audio, 2/3 Belltech Drop, Belltech rear swaybar, Saleen's & Nitto NT420S's, Cryo Brakes 'n Hawk Pads, De-chromed Grille, H-D Heads 'n Smoked Tails, Custom Billet Badges, Door Detent 3.0, Modded speaker grilles, Painted Tailgate, "Dipped" a few things, etc....
Jimaa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #3

I've been to the pick a parts and wreck yards and what have you. All the bumpers are gone every time. That's why I'm looking for a new one but I don't know if that's just a cover. I mean its says bumper not just bumper cover that's why I'm confused about this. I can't seem to find the whole bumper assembly anywhere either aside from the dealer but no way am i spending that kinda cash for a bumper. Also, if you watch there lame video at the bottom the the page it shows them take the bumper off the 350z and then put theirs on.

Last edited by NeKr0MAtiK; 11-30-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #4

This guide answers the question on whether or not it's just a cover. http://www.kitaero.net/kitaeroebay/i...20Duraflex.pdf I guess all I need are some new brackets.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 AM