Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote start bypass module

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start bypass module

I just bought a 2002 F-150 crew cab king ranch 5.4L a couple weeks ago and I love it. I have decided that i want to put remote start on it since all my other vehicles have it. I am going to use the Avital 4103LX as the system but I don't know what bypass module I need because it is an 02, when i look at the bypass modules online they show a year range of up to 2001 only. I am very inclined with electronic systems and remote start systems as I have installed many of them throughout my life. I know about GM's passlock and the trick with the resistor. I read about pulling the chip from my key and gluing it on the steering column, I don't mind not having PATS security at all if I can just pull out the chip and glue it on if that would be the cheapest and easiest route? If I did decide to use a bypass module does anyone know which one I can use. So far it looks like I can use the PKALL or the XK04. Will either work? BTW I can throw a key into a bypass module if I need to, I have an extra. So my questions are, can i pull out the chip and glue it on, and which bypass module do I need?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:49 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 02crewking
I just bought a 2002 F-150 crew cab king ranch 5.4L a couple weeks ago and I love it. I have decided that i want to put remote start on it since all my other vehicles have it. I am going to use the Avital 4103LX as the system but I don't know what bypass module I need because it is an 02, when i look at the bypass modules online they show a year range of up to 2001 only. I am very inclined with electronic systems and remote start systems as I have installed many of them throughout my life. I know about GM's passlock and the trick with the resistor. I read about pulling the chip from my key and gluing it on the steering column, I don't mind not having PATS security at all if I can just pull out the chip and glue it on if that would be the cheapest and easiest route? If I did decide to use a bypass module does anyone know which one I can use. So far it looks like I can use the PKALL or the XK04. Will either work? BTW I can throw a key into a bypass module if I need to, I have an extra. So my questions are, can i pull out the chip and glue it on, and which bypass module do I need?
i do remote starts for a living and i would use the PKALL. Its very reliable and the 4103 is a good unit also... if you need a wiring diagram for your truck just gimme your email.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't sure which one I needed because I couldn't find an application chart for that bypass module
Old 11-21-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

thats the one i prefer to use on the older fords... its always been reliable and its cheap.

Quick Reply: remote start bypass module