Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rearview Mirror Installation - Lost Compass

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear View Mirror Installation - Lost Compass

I recently installed an Auto-Vox rear view mirror/camera on my 2008 F-150 Lariat. After it was installed, I tested the equipment and I quickly realized I lost my compass display on my dash.

The compass is located in the factory rear view mirror. My original thought was to take apart the old mirror and salvage the compass module; however the circuit board is rather large and it would be difficult to protect/hide (and potentially operate).If it helps the board is a 7 pin connection.

Does anyone have any suggested simple solutions- minus the obvious: buy a factory rear view mirror with a camera? I was praying that someone had designed a professional bypass type of device that I could purchase to easily plug into/hide without having to get too creative. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case in his situation.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Milwphil; 05-19-2015 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-26-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you ever figure out how to retain the compass?
Old 05-31-2016, 12:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The compass is a separate unit. It's the box that hangs off the back of the rearview mirror. You should just be able to keep it and the wiring.

Quick Reply: Rearview Mirror Installation - Lost Compass