Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programming Key w/ FOB??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Programming Key w/ FOB??

I ordered and installed the "100 Series Plug-N-Play" Remote Start Kit (BC3Z-19G364-A). It came with 2 of the Keys with Integrated FOB. I got them cut and everything but now I need to get them programmed. The owners manual says that 2 keys that have already been programmed are required, but I only have one. Is there any way to program these 2 key FOBs with just 1 that is already programmed besides taking it to the dealer?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:07 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by eyezayuh
I ordered and installed the "100 Series Plug-N-Play" Remote Start Kit (BC3Z-19G364-A). It came with 2 of the Keys with Integrated FOB. I got them cut and everything but now I need to get them programmed. The owners manual says that 2 keys that have already been programmed are required, but I only have one. Is there any way to program these 2 key FOBs with just 1 that is already programmed besides taking it to the dealer?
You can get a locksmith to clone the original and I think Walmart actually does that as well, don't quote me on that, it's just something I read someone else doing.

Or you can find someone with IDS to program them the correct way, because in the end the onboard computer for PATS still thinks it's the original key no matter how many you clone. Meaning if you ever have to have two keys you only have one, just copies of that one.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
You can get a locksmith to clone the original and I think Walmart actually does that as well, don't quote me on that, it's just something I read someone else doing.

Or you can find someone with IDS to program them the correct way, because in the end the onboard computer for PATS still thinks it's the original key no matter how many you clone. Meaning if you ever have to have two keys you only have one, just copies of that one.
How would I find someone with IDS [MENTION=134559]Rnlcomp[/MENTION]?
Old 12-01-2014, 09:09 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by eyezayuh
How would I find someone with IDS @Rnlcomp?
Word of mouth, magic 8 ball, got a friend that works or worked at a Ford dealer?

If you are ever down my way in the Big Easy I can hook you up, I have IDS.

The following users liked this post:
eyezayuh (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 PM

Thanks!! Unfortunately, I live in Texas, so thats a loooong ways away. lol. I'm going to call a few dealers and ask my dad if he knows anybody.

Quick Reply: Programming Key w/ FOB??