Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programmer Shorten Life of Truck??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Programmer Shorten Life of Truck??

I have an edge evolution. I only run it on the "tow" setting and I run 91 octane. Do these programers hurt the engine in any way or cause the engine to not last as long as it would stock?

Just curious,
Thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have nothing to back it up, but to me it would seem like everything would last a bit longer because it is performing in a more efficient manner. no proof here though, so this may not be true at all
Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Hysteric what your saying would seem to make since to me. but again i guess thats must my .02
Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Regardless of the tuner being used you need to remember a few things.

1st. These tuners have been researched under 1000's of hours or R&D and do not cause the issues they had in the past (like the edge=tranny problems) (SCT=No start) and have the ability to now UNLESS the tune are altered w/o proper training or careless adjustments.

2nd. The vehicles do run more efficiently but how YOU drive it will factor in GREATLY.

3. There are marginal quality parts in all automobiles.....these are usually the cause of major malfunctions when running a tuner followed by the that cranks the shift firmness up too high to blow the tranny and TQ Converter or jacks with the WOT %/ Timing and a CAI and scorches his heads.

There is a reason that you are given a warning before flashing tunes on your truck with these tuners.

Last edited by SinCityFX4; 05-20-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Programmer Shorten Life of Truck??