Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Comp Suspension traction bars.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:16 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Default Pro Comp Suspension traction bars.

Thought I would send this out incase someone runs into an issue like the one I just did.

I ordered a set of pro comp lateral traction bars from www.4wheelparts.com for my 2013 2wd F150, finally received the install kit today and was like a kid at xmas,....until I opened the box and started checking the component list.

For 2004-2005 4wd F150 .................breath............grab phone.

Calm and cool I told them what they sent was not for my truck and they checked the order and told me they sent the wrong kit,........breath...breath...

Me: Ok well just email me a shipping label so I can send them back for the right ones,...... wait for it.....

Them: You are responsible for shipping cost back,.... BOOM my f'ing blood pressure hit the roof!!!!

Me: So your telling me I have to pay for your mistake?!?!?!

Them: Let me connect you with my supervisor> hold, wait, wait, bad elevator music, wait... hello this is such and such and I'm out of the office please leave a message.

Me: CLICK!!

Ok I am already on blood pressure meds so I sat down popped the top on a cold brew to calm down,....

Calmer heads prevail so before I called back, the tech in me said to just go see what the difference might be, it's been my experience that minor changes like drilling a hole in a different spot or enlarging a bolt hole and I would have no issues with that because I would have the brackets welded on before I pay the unbelievably expensive shipping cost, 30lb kit just for the mounting hardware much less the bars them selves.

So I go outside and do a mock up test fit with loose bolts just to see and guess what?

The farking thing fits like a glove!!!!! No modifying any brackets, no enlarging any holes, just bolt and roll.

So in the event you get something that says it wont fit, test fit just to be sure, might save someone some grief, I also emailed them and left messages informing them they could advertise the kit for a much broader selection of Ford trucks for better sales.

Now I just need mother nature to turn off the damned A/C so my fingers will actually work to install them.

Last edited by RLXXI; 01-08-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Lol. That's awesome news. Be sure to let us know how they perform for everyday uses. Do you have a sway bar on the rear as well?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
Lol. That's awesome news. Be sure to let us know how they perform for everyday uses. Do you have a sway bar on the rear as well?
No sway bar, also noticed one of my oem shocks is leaking only have 7000 miles on her and she is covered but I have new shocks that came with the 4" RC lift/level kit so that's a moot issue.
The following users liked this post:
Manuellabour247 (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Just an update: They sent me a shipping label on their dime to send the kit back so I called and talked to the lead supervisor and told them what was going on and they confirmed again it's the wrong part# and instruction sheet for my truck.

I told them I test fit it and it's the right parts.

So apparently they boxed it wrong, right parts, wrong box and it's not the 1st time I've seen that happen, they thanked me for the 411 so they will be able to find the missing link in the chain for parts packing.

Win win for all!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I wonder if that kit would help on my stock 2wd... Torque hop/ axle wrap is N A S T Y on this truck.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Northernexposure
I wonder if that kit would help on my stock 2wd... Torque hop/ axle wrap is N A S T Y on this truck.
That is specifically what the kit was designed to eliminate, or at the very least minimize. My truck is also stock and 2wd, well almost stock, I have it tuned 93 race and several other mods.

I'm not a racer per se, but I do want my truck to ask how high when I say jump.

I also notice they changed the description and application of the kit to include 2004-2013 as well as fits both 2 and 4wd.

Guess I was their guinea pig LOL.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you had the ability to think it through.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:17 PM

The kit you ordered was all inclusive or did you needed to order the specified hardware kits also?
Old 01-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Northernexposure
The kit you ordered was all inclusive or did you needed to order the specified hardware kits also?
The mounting kit is separate from the bars. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXP72096B
Old 01-11-2015, 09:19 PM

That's what I was figuring.

Quick Reply: Pro Comp Suspension traction bars.