Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance chips???

Old 07-28-2014, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Performance chips???

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about performance chips for engines so if not please direct me.

I joined here when trying to decide between an Eco and a 5.0L V8. I settled on a 2014 Lariat 5.0L V8 and am extremely happy with it.

While reading all I could about the choices I kept hearing about aftermarket chips etc. to improve HP and fuel economy.

Is there something for an F150 5.0L V8 that is simple to install and will not void the factory warranty for getting the most out of my truck in HP and fuel economy?

Thanks
Craig
Old 07-28-2014, 01:56 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Not a performance chip per say but a handheld programmer you plug into the vehicle data port, I have one and talk about night and day difference LOVE IT!!!!

Check out this link, this is what I have, they will cover your powertrain warranty if something happens and Ford denies it. http://www.stage3motorsports.com/Sta...om-Tuning.html

The peace of mind is worth the expense to me.

You can find more info if your search the forum for "Tuners"

Old 07-29-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your saying that the company that sells the tuner will offer a powertrain warranty along with their tuner? ok.

Which one did you buy and why? And what exactly did it do for your vehicle?
Thanks
Old 07-29-2014, 12:33 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Allyfishing
So your saying that the company that sells the tuner will offer a powertrain warranty along with their tuner? ok.

Which one did you buy and why? And what exactly did it do for your vehicle?
Thanks
I got the SCTx4 with 5* custom tunes, that tuner and those tunes are what come with the warranty. Go read the info on the link provided, there is no sense in my repeating it here. This is one of those times when a product claim actually does what it says it will.

To be honest I was skeptical as well but once I got it and ran the program, DAMN!!! what a difference!

Added almost 40hp and almost 20ftlb torque and increased fuel economy, however it's so much more fun to drive now I rarely see the benefit of the added economy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance chips???