Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Bed Cover Installed 27 Aug 11

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 88 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Peragon Bed Cover Installed 27 Aug 11

It took just under two hours to install. Luckily I finished about 11:00 this morning just when it got to about 90 degrees. The install was fairly painless, I read through the instructions last night and went fairly slow. I followed the instructions step-by-step, and didn't have to go back and undo/redo anything. Adjusting the side rails was the most tedious part, but that only took about a half-hour.

The cover, once adjusted, fits great. It's pretty snug all the way around, with no play that I can find so far. The tailgate closes against the rear seal pretty tight as well, not so much that anything binds or bulges. The tailgate seal that I ordered with the cover wouldn't quite work, I tried every possible position for the side seals, but no matter what I did the tailgate wouldn't close, so I just left the bottom seal on.

If you are vertically challenged, I'm 5'4", you might have a hard time opening the cover. I have to monkey up on the tailgate and stand on the side of the bed to open the cover. But I expected that, and since I don't plan on opening and closing the cover all that often it's not really an issue for me.

Now that the cover is installed I can confirm that it will work perfectly for my needs. I took it off once just to see how easy it would be, it took less than 30 seconds, to undo the quick releases on the gas shocks and pull the cover off. None of the rails will get in the way of putting my 2008 CBR1000RR in the bed and strapping it down.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase. I might play with the adjustment a little more tomorrow morning, I'm not going back out in this freakin GA heat unless someone makes me, it is a little tough to push down on the front panels when opening the cover. But I would rather it be a little too tight than too loose. I went for a short drive and didn't hear a thing from the cover (very happy about that).

If this cover will functionally meet your needs I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid bed cover. It costs less than the competition and customer service on the level provided by Peragon is a rare thing these days, and much appreciated.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Attached Thumbnails Peragon Bed Cover Installed  27 Aug 11-2011-08-27_11-17-00_881.jpg   Peragon Bed Cover Installed  27 Aug 11-2011-08-27_11-17-14_847.jpg   Peragon Bed Cover Installed  27 Aug 11-2011-08-27_11-18-10_895.jpg   Peragon Bed Cover Installed  27 Aug 11-2011-08-27_11-18-17_984.jpg   Peragon Bed Cover Installed  27 Aug 11-2011-08-27_11-18-36_628.jpg  

Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2011, 12:24 PM

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

Very nice.

You do the install by yourself?

Not sure about getting those rails on without scratching up truck.

I'll be putting mine on early next week.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks real nice!!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by fordtruckman2003
Very nice.

You do the install by yourself?

Not sure about getting those rails on without scratching up truck.

I'll be putting mine on early next week.

Yep, all by myself.

Go slow and follow the instructions, they are pretty detailed and easy to follow. With the plastic bed rail covers there is no metal on metal contact, so scratching the truck is not really an issue once the assembled rails are in place.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice Razorback.
Thanks for posting this, especially for those of us still considering the purchase of a Peragon.
Did you pay extra for the tailgate seal, or did that come with the cover? Was the seal intended for use at the bottom of the tailgate, sides, top or all of the those?
Mac
Old 08-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Retractable Bed Cover

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorback150
It took just under two hours to install.
(...)
The cover, once adjusted, fits great.
(...)
Now that the cover is installed I can confirm that it will work perfectly for my needs. I took it off once just to see how easy it would be, it took less than 30 seconds, to undo the quick releases on the gas shocks and pull the cover off.
(...)
Overall I am very happy with this purchase.
(...)
If this cover will functionally meet your needs I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid bed cover. It costs less than the competition and customer service on the level provided by Peragon is a rare thing these days, and much appreciated.
Razorback150 -

Really glad to hear everything went well for you on the install and you're happy with your new Peragon truck bed cover! Everything we have done to improve our product and our support over the past few years was about this moment - when we could go to a forum like this one, promote our product with confidence and then receive a positive review like yours. I shared your review with our team this morning and everyone is pretty excited - a lot of hard work went into this!

If at any point you have an issue with your cover, please let us know. We'll be just as glad to give you enthusiastic support in 5 years as we are today.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mac181
Very nice Razorback.
Thanks for posting this, especially for those of us still considering the purchase of a Peragon.
Did you pay extra for the tailgate seal, or did that come with the cover? Was the seal intended for use at the bottom of the tailgate, sides, top or all of the those?
Mac

I thought the seal was $29, but found out after I placed the order it was free for Military. The instructions stated that the seal should be cut into three pieces, bottom and two sides. It might just be me, but I couldn't get the tailgate to close with the seal on the sides, tried repositioning it several times, even turned it around so it was backwards before giving up.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by peragon
Razorback150 -

Really glad to hear everything went well for you on the install and you're happy with your new Peragon truck bed cover! Everything we have done to improve our product and our support over the past few years was about this moment - when we could go to a forum like this one, promote our product with confidence and then receive a positive review like yours. I shared your review with our team this morning and everyone is pretty excited - a lot of hard work went into this!

If at any point you have an issue with your cover, please let us know. We'll be just as glad to give you enthusiastic support in 5 years as we are today.

Your participation on this forum was really the deciding factor for me choosing your cover over the more established competition. It was a slight gamble, but one that has proven to be a good bet.

Keep up the good work. And thank your staff again for the quality of your product.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Retractable Bed Cover

I thought the seal was $29, but found out after I placed the order it was free for Military. The instructions stated that the seal should be cut into three pieces, bottom and two sides. It might just be me, but I couldn't get the tailgate to close with the seal on the sides, tried repositioning it several times, even turned it around so it was backwards before giving up.
Razorback150 -

This is good to know - thank you for the feedback and your patience. Normally I'd offer to credit back the cost of the seal. I'm guessing you're not the first person to experience this issue with the Tailgate Seal Kit on the F150. This next week we'll do some troubleshooting on the F150 to see if we can duplicate the issue and find a solution. We may need to tweak the design of the seal to reduce the height of the bulb so there is less pressure between the seal and tailgate.

It sounds like you've already tried the possible variations for those side seals, but just in case, here is a link to an expanded instruction PDF with photos.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Retractable Bed Cover

Your participation on this forum was really the deciding factor for me choosing your cover over the more established competition. It was a slight gamble, but one that has proven to be a good bet.

Keep up the good work. And thank your staff again for the quality of your product.
Thank you - will do!

Quick Reply: Peragon Bed Cover Installed 27 Aug 11