Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old man tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 08:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Old man tune

I'm way ahead of myself but figure it's never too early to plan. Working phase 1 of mods now which involves mainly cosmetic stuff and suspension/tires. Phase 2 would be pretty vanilla with likely some magnaflow exhaust and Roush CAI. I am looking at the baseline Edge tuner mainly for towing and fuel economy. Is this just a broad spec tune, or does it account for mods like exhaust and cold air? Likely these mods are negligible when it comes to changes involving the ecu (I believe both don't necessitate any sort of tune). I just wanted to make sure that long term, the ECU isn't affected. Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:33 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Exhaust will not effect tune. Id go with a custom tune on a sct x4. Many to choose from. Mpt, unleashed, ssi, etc. Seems 5 star has had some issues lately with beating stock power -maybe its resolved as its usually a good tuner.

Feel free to pm me and i can answer any questions you have. Ive tuned all my f150s.
The following users liked this post:
Purduephigam (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 08:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info, I have actually been leaning more towards this with the 5 Star tunes but will likely wait on it for a while. I'm not too concerned with power improvements as much as just improving the sound and just smoothing out the fuel curve. Naturally I want to be as easy on the tranny as possible as I plan on taking this truck to 150k+ mi.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

will a custom 87 tune give me any better fuel mileage? i have a stock truck