Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM mud flaps and Husky wheel well liners, 2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question OEM mud flaps and Husky wheel well liners, 2 questions

I bungled my order, so I currently have a set of the OEM splash guards for the front and rear. It looks like I'll have the Husky wheel well liners in a week or so, based on prior shipping times. They are going on my new 2016 XLT FX4

Can I go ahead and install the mud flaps and then go back and install the wheel well liners once they arrive? Or am. I just asking for a headache. I have no problem waiting for the wheel liners to arrive and put them both on at once, but if it's not too much of a hassle I'd rather put the flaps on now.

Also, anyone who installed the flaps and liners, will the hardware that is installed with the liners and flaps be ok? Or will I have to go out and get some longer screws or anything since it looks like they may share some screw holes.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:10 AM

Accidentally posted this twice, ignore the other thread.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Don't have the husky liners but my truck came with the factory mud flaps installed and I installed the oem liners after I took delivery no problems. I think the way it looks it is likely easier to do the flaps first anyways.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Chease44
Don't have the husky liners but my truck came with the factory mud flaps installed and I installed the oem liners after I took delivery no problems. I think the way it looks it is likely easier to do the flaps first anyways.
I have the OEM liners but not the mud flaps. If I added the mud flaps, would it be a PITA?
Old 12-01-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chease44
Were they the molded splash guards that your truck came with? If so I'll slap mine on tomorrow before work
Old 12-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by UncleFester
I have the OEM liners but not the mud flaps. If I added the mud flaps, would it be a PITA?
Shouldn't be too bad. It looks like you wouldn't have more room to reach in behind where the support bracket goes without the liners installed. Not worth taking them out imo
The following users liked this post:
UncleFester (12-02-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Osin83
Were they the molded splash guards that your truck came with? If so I'll slap mine on tomorrow before work
Yes they are the Ford molded splash guards.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed my oem splash guards, front/rears and then installed my husky liners after, absolutely no issues at all.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:46 PM

OK, thanks. I installed the splash guards this morning and am waiting for the liners. I thought there might be some common fastener points between them. But, after putting them on it looks like there won't.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yah, i just the same thing about 3 weeks ago on my new 2016, no prob. Make sure you put that insulator/isolator clear strip onto the box, the metal bracket for the splash guard support needs to be isolated from the aluminum box panel.