Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not your typical Step/Nerf bar question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not your typical Step/Nerf bar question

I got the ok from the wife (pathetic I know) to get step bars. I've got my mind made up on 5-inch round/oval, black with the 30 deg cap ends (personal pref). The issue for me is I'm "big boned" and would haul around other "big boned" people. Most manufacturers don't give you a rated load capacity. I saw a Westin or Iconic that stated 275 lbs capacity. That covers me with a little to spare but what about the other person that steps on the bar too? That got me concerned and realizing most bars don't have a rated or published capacity. Can't always tell if there are 3 support brackets to share the load in a lot of the manufactures pics too.

Am I worrying about something I shouldn't? Anyone run across capacities of step bars?
Old 02-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

You might want to go with Nfab step bars, they are rated at 465 lbs.

Link: http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/...productID/1081
Old 02-06-2016, 02:31 AM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Depending on money Amp research retractable boards would be your best bet!

They are rated for 600lbs and they come down further and provide a better stepping surface.

They are a bit more but really worth it!
Old 02-10-2016, 01:13 PM
minitrucker

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

I had a set of the N fab ones posted in the link above. Mine were on a different year,but I can say they held up great the 3 years I had them. when I sold them they looked almost new and I got most of my money back out of them. They are a great set of bars.

Quick Reply: Not your typical Step/Nerf bar question