Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new parts on 2014 eco boost fx4 off-road

Old 03-04-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default new parts on 2014 eco boost fx4 off-road

Last weekend I installed a 4" MBRP black series exhaust w/ resonator delete, roush mechanical boost gauge with vent pod. This weekend I'm installing the afe stage 2 CAI, afe blade runner, and afe hot side plumbing. As far as the exhaust and gauge....I love the gauge set up and the fact that you have the option of white day time then blue for night. Or you can run one color at all times. install was easy
Only hard part was finding a fuse in the passenger kick panel that wasn't a constant hot. I used fuses 30 and 32. The exhaust was easy as well and did it by myself. If you don't have a lift you have to cut the tailpipe section off. I lost a little low end but not enough to matter. It sounds great at idle. It's not loud and annoying. Unfortunately it doesn't have that V8 growl. If anyone wants pictures of install let me know and I'll post some this weekend.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 189 Likes on 119 Posts

Yes, pictures and a video of the exhaust sound would be great.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by snobdds
Yes, pictures and a video of the exhaust sound would be great.
I'll get you some Saturday.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:45 PM

So my initial thoughts on the afe blade runner, hot side and cold air intake....FML!!! The hot side pipes are a pain in the @$$! They caused the CAI not to fit properly. The passenger side piping was a pain to do. Everything else was pretty easy. As far as sound and performance...the boost is staying higher for longer, not bouncing around and the exhaust sounds better. You can definitely hear the air sucking in and the turbos spooling
Old 03-07-2015, 07:20 PM

USES THE SECOND HANGER BRACKET

Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 PM

Exhaust from inside

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Old 03-07-2015, 08:13 PM

"560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Old 03-07-2015, 08:37 PM

not sure why they did a crossover when the hole is only the size of pen

be careful when tightening the sensor down. its a super tight fit and I broke it.

driver side hot pipe coming from turbo

driver side turbo

hot pipe going to intercooler

passenger side hot pipe and turbo. At the top where the two pipe touch is why I was having trouble. Something is slightly changed on the 2014 model. everything is working great though
Old 03-08-2015, 07:46 PM
2014 Lariat

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dropit_dragit
Last weekend I installed a 4" MBRP black series exhaust w/ resonator delete, roush mechanical boost gauge with vent pod. This weekend I'm installing the afe stage 2 CAI, afe blade runner, and afe hot side plumbing. As far as the exhaust and gauge....I love the gauge set up and the fact that you have the option of white day time then blue for night. Or you can run one color at all times. install was easy
Only hard part was finding a fuse in the passenger kick panel that wasn't a constant hot. I used fuses 30 and 32. The exhaust was easy as well and did it by myself. If you don't have a lift you have to cut the tailpipe section off. I lost a little low end but not enough to matter. It sounds great at idle. It's not loud and annoying. Unfortunately it doesn't have that V8 growl. If anyone wants pictures of install let me know and I'll post some this weekend.
Dropit Why did you use those 2 fuses? I'm getting ready to install mine and was just curious.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2014Lariat
Dropit Why did you use those 2 fuses? I'm getting ready to install mine and was just curious.
Those were the only 2 I could find that weren't constantly hot. Plus for the night mode (blue) that was the fuse for the parking lights. I'm actually about to pull my gauge out and run it blue all the time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new parts on 2014 eco boost fx4 off-road