Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some advise

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advise

I just got my suncoast ram air hood installed. I really like the hood, but the problem I have is that I have an aftermarket billet vertical grille and the hood has an aluminum "honeycomb" insert. I don't know if I should get a "honeycomb" grille, try to find vertical inserts for the hood, or just live with it. I hope you all can visualize what I am talking about because I don't have any pics. Any ideas?

2006 xlt supercrew, 6" pro comp lift, pro comp rims and tires, suncoast ram air hood, aem brute force cai, flowmasters
Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

First off....damn you lucky that is the hood I am trying to get What did you pay and where from?

Second, there are several different grilles and inserts that can go in there. Does the grill on the hood allow for removal and or insertion of pieces??
Old 11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New hood and no pics??? Tsk tsk tsk
Old 11-26-2008, 10:01 PM

I got the hood from suncoast. They had a "scatch and dent" special. The hood had some imperfections in the gel coat, whatever that means. Looked like there was some dust or something on the surface. My body guy just had to sand and "block it a couple of times", whatever that means. He said that it really wasn't that bad, and that the hood was one of the better fiberglass hoods he had seen. With paint in all I only have about $500 in it, I traded my oem hood in on the paint. I think I am going to paint the "honeycomb" black for now, I think it will look better. I know about the pics, I'm not the sharpest shed in the tool. When I get some I will post.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet!! Is it the functional one??
Old 11-27-2008, 09:38 AM

Yes it is functional. They only had about 10 or so left 3 weeks ago. good luck

Quick Reply: need some advise