Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOLLE tactical rear seat cover - show & tell

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool MOLLE tactical rear seat cover - show & tell

This remains one of the coolest accessories on my truck, IMHO, and remains the easiest thus far.

I saw this mod over on the fordraptorforum from a user named Icecobra (wherever you are, thanks!). It's not new, but I thought you all might enjoy seeing some pics of it put to use.

The seat cover is made in the US by Sunrise Tactical, very high quality, and is tailored for an F150 SCREW rear seat. It comes in a variety of colors and materials. The bottom side features MOLLE webbing, giving you a very effective method of organizing under-seat storage.

My view is that this forms part of a 72-hour bag in the truck, moving key components into the cab that may need to be more accessible than any additional kit stored in the bed.

Okay, so photos:

The cover I got is made from 1000D coated nylon. It slides over the seat, and is secured with strapping at base of seat underside and large velcro flaps on the sides. It took only minutes to install. You can see attached pouches underneath the seat - out of the way and secure.

This is a side view, showing the large velcro tabs that secure the sides, and you can again see how the storage pouches fit perfectly in the space offered between seat and floor.

This sure beats having a bunch of loose equipment rolling around in the back of your truck or console.
From right to left: tear-away first aid kit, flashlight, medium pouch, multi-tool, fixed-blade, large pouch.

The fixed blade is actually reachable from the driver's seat. Heaven help you if you need it while driving though.

No, the idea here was that this stuff is more likely to be used than other elements of a 72-hour bag. The first-aid kit can be accessed without a key to the truck (may not be the case for your bed storage) and is highly visible. Additional things to carry in the pouches may include hand warmers, space blanket(s), life straw, N95 masks, duct tape, ear protection, waterproof matches, TP, spork, etc. Clearly the possibilities go on and on (AR-7, anyone?).

All of these pouches can be easily transferred to the actual 72-hour bag's molle webbing if one needs to walk away.

The cover's of great build quality. Occasionally the straps need to be checked and cinched. Also, these pouches do inhibit the cargo room of your backseat somewhat, so if you're the kind of person who was used to throwing their shop vac in the rear floor, you may need to start using the truck bed more.

It does get you wondering how much weight that rear seat latch can really take. Probably advisable to keep the heaviest items towards the bottom and disperse weight as evenly as possible across the breadth of the seat.

BTW, I still have no idea what those circular clips on the bottom of the seat underside are intended for. Anybody know?

Last edited by theshephard; 12-23-2014 at 07:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by theshephard:
arokcrwlr (01-15-2015), brantlyj (02-02-2015)
Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Out of all the military equipment upgrades, the MOLLE system has to be one of the best. How much did this kit run you if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-23-2014, 07:38 PM

Currently listed on their website for $98, which was same price I paid about two months ago or so.

The additional stuff obviously is on top of that. I think I got the EMT pouch from Condor, the other pouches are from 5-11 Tactical. Much of this stuff can be found on US Patriot Tactical's site, but I don't think Sunrise sells the seat cover through any third parties.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well i know what ill be buying in a few days. perfect setup for what im looking for to hook my AR15 under the rear seat.
The following users liked this post:
Floridaguy80 (02-08-2015)
Old 12-29-2014, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by devildog234
well i know what ill be buying in a few days. perfect setup for what im looking for to hook my AR15 under the rear seat.

Exactly what I was thinking. Nice set up shepherd!
Old 01-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Love My Eco

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by theshephard
This remains one of the coolest accessories on my truck, IMHO, and remains the easiest thus far.

I saw this mod over on the fordraptorforum from a user named Icecobra (wherever you are, thanks!). It's not new, but I thought you all might enjoy seeing some pics of it put to use.

The seat cover is made in the US by Sunrise Tactical, very high quality, and is tailored for an F150 SCREW rear seat. It comes in a variety of colors and materials. The bottom side features MOLLE webbing, giving you a very effective method of organizing under-seat storage.

My view is that this forms part of a 72-hour bag in the truck, moving key components into the cab that may need to be more accessible than any additional kit stored in the bed.

Okay, so photos:

The cover I got is made from 1000D coated nylon. It slides over the seat, and is secured with strapping at base of seat underside and large velcro flaps on the sides. It took only minutes to install. You can see attached pouches underneath the seat - out of the way and secure.

This is a side view, showing the large velcro tabs that secure the sides, and you can again see how the storage pouches fit perfectly in the space offered between seat and floor.

This sure beats having a bunch of loose equipment rolling around in the back of your truck or console.
From right to left: tear-away first aid kit, flashlight, medium pouch, multi-tool, fixed-blade, large pouch.

The fixed blade is actually reachable from the driver's seat. Heaven help you if you need it while driving though.

No, the idea here was that this stuff is more likely to be used than other elements of a 72-hour bag. The first-aid kit can be accessed without a key to the truck (may not be the case for your bed storage) and is highly visible. Additional things to carry in the pouches may include hand warmers, space blanket(s), life straw, N95 masks, duct tape, ear protection, waterproof matches, TP, spork, etc. Clearly the possibilities go on and on (AR-7, anyone?).

All of these pouches can be easily transferred to the actual 72-hour bag's molle webbing if one needs to walk away.

The cover's of great build quality. Occasionally the straps need to be checked and cinched. Also, these pouches do inhibit the cargo room of your backseat somewhat, so if you're the kind of person who was used to throwing their shop vac in the rear floor, you may need to start using the truck bed more.

It does get you wondering how much weight that rear seat latch can really take. Probably advisable to keep the heaviest items towards the bottom and disperse weight as evenly as possible across the breadth of the seat.

BTW, I still have no idea what those circular clips on the bottom of the seat underside are intended for. Anybody know?
my Backseats stay up and i never use them, my Service Dog rides their and i have no kids, this is awesome idea, i can keep weapons, extra ammo, a Bug Out Kit or Bag, ect.......wow i knew they made it for the fronts never seen it on the rear bad ***
Old 01-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 19KFX4
my Backseats stay up and i never use them, my Service Dog rides their and i have no kids, this is awesome idea, i can keep weapons, extra ammo, a Bug Out Kit or Bag, ect.......wow i knew they made it for the fronts never seen it on the rear bad ***
Cool, only thing I'd add - and YMMV - I like to keep the seat lowered so my kit isn't on display to any prying eyes. I may be a bit paranoid about smash and grabs - but since I already sport an NRA sticker on the outside, I like the inside to look as spartan as possible. The other thing is I think there's a lot of value in keeping the kit (seat cover and pouches) colored in black, so if the seat is up, it's less visible in the darkened cab. The only variation to that in my kit is the red EMT bag, but I keep it as close to the door as possible so it's not visible from the front. Just something to consider.
19KFX4 (01-13-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Love My Eco

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

@theshepard i need to get a picture of my back window, i have DTOM stickers on it and a few more that show's i'm pro-gun and pro american
theshephard (01-14-2015)
Old 02-02-2015, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grocery bag holders.

Great find. I have three in car seats with Adobe cloth. I was going to get some kind of seat cover anyways This will actually make the underside for the seats usable!!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Received 229 Likes on 229 Posts

Looks good!

Quick Reply: MOLLE tactical rear seat cover - show & tell