Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MBRP Pro Series vs Borla S Type / ATAK for 5.0l

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MBRP Pro Series vs Borla S Type / ATAK for 5.0l

I have really narrowed down my choices for a new exhaust under my truck. I would appreciate thoughts on the the MBRP Pro Series side exit before the rear wheels versus the Borla S type or ATAK side exit behind the real wheel. Not many folks seem to run the MBRP. Maybe that should tell me all I need to know but just in case I would like thoughts if anyones has any. What I like about it is that its all 304 SST and is light and tight and uses just a muffler, no resonator. I think I like the exit location as well. From what I have been able to figure out I dont beleive its as loud as the ATAK from Borla but is louder than the S type. This maybe perfect noise wise. I am afraid the ATAK will be too loud but at the same time the S type uses a huge muffler plus a resonator, so it may be too quiet. I really hate the look of the left pipe hanging down in front of the rear diff so the dual out on the passenger side is my only choice with the Borla. Anyone have thought on either of these choices or experience with the exhuast exiting in front of the passenger tire. Does this add to interior noise or the dreaded drone? Thanks in advance for thoughts, I appreciate them.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the corsa 14393 system with the resonator delete it sounds real good no drone while cruising.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 328 Likes on 261 Posts

I have the MBRP coming. We don't have any rust problems and don't use salt on the roads so I went with the 409SS and saved a few hundred $. I really liked the sound based on YT videos. There's a couple owner vids with it. And of course the stock mfg video. Overall, I just liked it best.
The following users liked this post:
FLUndertaker (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by SixShooter14
I have the MBRP coming. We don't have any rust problems and don't use salt on the roads so I went with the 409SS and saved a few hundred $. I really liked the sound based on YT videos. There's a couple owner vids with it. And of course the stock mfg video. Overall, I just liked it best.
Thanks Six, did you get the rear exit or the side in front of the passenger side rear tire? I like that look but worry about the drone with the exit so close to the cab and the muffler right under it. This exhaust decision has me in knots. I look forward to your after install report. Please post it here if you dont mind. Thanks
Old 12-28-2016, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be selling corsa system 14393 w/ the black pro series tip and resonator delete. The system has 2000 miles on it looks new. I will be posting it for sale with pics next week. Pm me if anyone is interested.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Official HTT Greeter

Originally Posted by FLUndertaker
Thanks Six, did you get the rear exit or the side in front of the passenger side rear tire? I like that look but worry about the drone with the exit so close to the cab and the muffler right under it. This exhaust decision has me in knots. I look forward to your after install report. Please post it here if you dont mind. Thanks
Side pre-axle. Pt # S5260409. Shipping was delayed from Mfg. Supposed to ship early January.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by SixShooter14
Side pre-axle. Pt # S5260409. Shipping was delayed from Mfg. Supposed to ship early January.
Any updates?
Old 01-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Official HTT Greeter

Originally Posted by FLUndertaker
Any updates?
ship date has been pushed to Jan. 17th.