Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M880 Dash Cam Review from Sundaybuy Vendor

Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default M880 Dash Cam Review from Sundaybuy Vendor

Not to long ago I received a M880 Dash Cam from sundaybuy.com to test and put up a review on the forum.

I have been using the M880 on and off over the past week and can honestly say, it's a pretty good little unit. For the most part we all tend to be a bit skeptical of new products that we haven't seen or used before, especially from outside countries. Though, after using the M880 Dash Cam, I can say it is a good product. I have only encountered three minor issues with the dash cam.
  1. The led light on the front of the unit bounces off the windscreen, so there is not much use for it while filming on the window.
  2. The audio get interference form the air flow out the the defrost vents.
  3. The provided car charger cable does not power the unit correctly due to the voltage output being incorrect. Using a standard usb cable and power inverter works fine. "Sundaybuy has been notified."
Video:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77044334@N07/11639383806/
Night Video:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77044334@N07/11670337293/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77044334@N07/11670011415/

The quality of the video the M880 captures is quite good. It is very clear and stable with virtually no distortion. Sometimes with cheaper dash cams you experience grainy video or we sometimes see the motion wobble from units that have video stabilizer functions. The M880 has neither of these. A lot of us have watch plenty of dash cam videos on youtube from either Russia or different parts of Asia, and have seen how bad the quality of some dash cams can be. The video provided in the link was recorded at 1080p at 30fps. From what you can see, the quality is quite nice.

Audio:
The audio of the M880 is also quite good. Though, you will notice in the video that there is some background noise that sounds like a person walking on snow. I did discover, after some time, that the noise was coming from air blowing from the defrost vents and glancing off the mic on the the M880. I'm not sure if this will happen with all vehicle, but with the angle of the F150's windscreen, the air flow does hit the unit. So you can either turn off your defrost, or you can put a diffuser of a normal mic over the the mic on the M880. The audio can be turned off in the option of the unit.

Build:
The M880 is constructed quite nicely. The unit itself feels quite nice and durable. It doesn't feel like a cheap plastic product the will brake if you look at it the wrong way. The mounting hardware that allows you to attach it to you windscreen is quite nice and tight and doesn't allow the Cam to shake while filming. The joints to adjust the angle on the mounting hardware seem to be holing up quite well, and have not gotten any looser. Again, the only build quality issues I've encountered are listed above (1-3).

Final Thoughts:
So, after having some time with the M880, I do recommend it for a purchase for anybody looking for a reasonably priced dash cam. The quality is really good and having the screen on back really makes it a good package. Yes other dash cams have screens on them just the same, but I've yet to see another unit that has the quality of the M880 for the price. No its not all weather like a GoPro is, but the GoPro is not a dedicated Dash Cam DVR. The M880 is very compact and does not obstruct your view, and after a while, you kinda forget its even there.

Thanks to sundaybuy for giving me the opportunity to review their product.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

Last edited by 07cruiser; 12-31-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How is the video playback at night?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:09 PM

Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts

If you haven't already, I'd link this thread back to the original threads sundaybuy started.

I'm half way done with the navi install test, if ican just kick this flu big I'll get it wrapped up and post my review on it.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Daarken
How is the video playback at night?
So far it doesn't seem to bad, but I haven't had a good night to record. I will be posting up a nighttime video shortly.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
If you haven't already, I'd link this thread back to the original threads sundaybuy started.

I'm half way done with the navi install test, if ican just kick this flu big I'll get it wrapped up and post my review on it.
Yeah, I'll do that soon, I've just been really busy lately, and the holidays just adds to things.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:09 AM
noob :)

Received 103 Likes on 84 Posts

thanks for posting I have been telling santa I would like a dash cam wow you have snow... the video was choppy for me due to slow internet, but after pausing it to let the vid load.. it takes great video... just need a night time test
Old 12-31-2013, 11:58 AM

I have added two night time videos to the review above. The first video is just dark back roads and the second video has some tuck stops lighting the road.

The blue film in the background of the video is caused from condensation building on the lens of the camera just as it would your window. The temp was 12f when the videos were taken.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 PM
F150 Forum

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3,The provided car charger cable does not power the unit correctly due to the voltage output being incorrect. Using a standard usb cable and power inverter works fine. "Sundaybuy has been notified."

--thanks for the information!the dash cam use DC 12V as normal,so we need to use a Car Charger Converter DC 24V to DC 12V,just like this one:

thanks for the testing report,for more question,I'm happy to reply to every one ,thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

f150 for your information run 12v .... so forget the 24v to 12 volt hub... hahaha

Originally Posted by sundaybuy
3,The provided car charger cable does not power the unit correctly due to the voltage output being incorrect. Using a standard usb cable and power inverter works fine. "Sundaybuy has been notified."

--thanks for the information!the dash cam use DC 12V as normal,so we need to use a Car Charger Converter DC 24V to DC 12V,just like this one:

thanks for the testing report,for more question,I'm happy to reply to every one ,thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:09 PM
USN Retired 1992-2012

Received 243 Likes on 122 Posts

The review is quite nice and i can say i appreciate it quite a bit

Richard

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: M880 Dash Cam Review from Sundaybuy Vendor