Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for cold air intake parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 05:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Looking for cold air intake parts

Call me cheap but I'm not about to spend 2 3 or even 4 hundred bux for a simple two or no more than three part 3" plastic tubing with a cone type filter when the 2010 F150 5.4 already has a good filter box that gets cold air from the inner fender. Just replace the filter with a K&N drop in and you're good to go.

All I want is to trash the tubing from the air box (with all those cancer looking muffler ad ons) to the input of the engines intake.

The filter air box outlet has a very odd 3" angle and I can't find a plastic 3" angle at the correct degree to attach to the input of the engines intake. 45, 60 and 90 degree fittings is all I can find. None work.

There *was* a site called; intakeparts.com to buy these parts from but no longer on line. All other sites want to sell you K&N and other name brand complete kits for WAY too much money for what you're getting.

Can ANYONE help? Thanks in advance for any help..
Old 08-22-2014, 06:00 AM
ethan82000

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For about $170ish, you can get an air raid jr. kit, whick includes new filter for stock airbox, and smooth abs plastic tube that runs from the throttle body to the airbox, and everything elsevfor the install
The following users liked this post:
RadioMan (08-22-2014)
Old 08-23-2014, 12:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a NO on the Air Raid site.. I even called them. The picture below shows what I'm looking for. This picture is from a 2011 thread here on this site. I'd LOVE to send the owner a E-Mail but it's not listed when looking at his profile...

Quick Reply: Looking for cold air intake parts