Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift kit help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit help

Hey guys,

First post on this website. Recently I purchased a brand new 2014 screw black fully loaded ecobeast fx4. I love the truck. It's my first truck and I just can't explain how much I love it haha. But anyways. I just recently hit the 2k mark and now I'm looking to Jack this big beautiful b**** up. I've pretty much just been looking at bds as I hear so many good things about them. I've come to conclusion that she's going up 6 inches because idk how happy I'd be just going 4. But the only problem is bds has 2 lift kits available. The normal 6 inch. Then it has the 6 inch with Fox coilovers. Now the coilovers seem like they'd be worth it. But I'm really not sure if they totally justify spending an extra 1500. So can I hear from some of you guys opinions and past experiences with this brand and the kits. Maybe if you guys can recommend a better brand. Any help is appreciated. And obviously some pics of some setups would be awesome too. Could use some ideas
Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rize Industries has the absolute top-of-the-line lift kits! They look sweet and function better than any other, but can definitely be a little pricey
Old 11-05-2014, 11:29 AM

Received 224 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by ajaxthemute
Hey guys,

First post on this website. Recently I purchased a brand new 2014 screw black fully loaded ecobeast fx4. I love the truck. It's my first truck and I just can't explain how much I love it haha. But anyways. I just recently hit the 2k mark and now I'm looking to Jack this big beautiful b**** up. I've pretty much just been looking at bds as I hear so many good things about them. I've come to conclusion that she's going up 6 inches because idk how happy I'd be just going 4. But the only problem is bds has 2 lift kits available. The normal 6 inch. Then it has the 6 inch with Fox coilovers. Now the coilovers seem like they'd be worth it. But I'm really not sure if they totally justify spending an extra 1500. So can I hear from some of you guys opinions and past experiences with this brand and the kits. Maybe if you guys can recommend a better brand. Any help is appreciated. And obviously some pics of some setups would be awesome too. Could use some ideas
Originally Posted by Will_Eye_Am53
Rize Industries has the absolute top-of-the-line lift kits! They look sweet and function better than any other, but can definitely be a little pricey
I'm in the process of doing something similar... If I had the money, I'd do the full lift. Right now I'm just going with some leveling struts and some new shocks in the rear.

With that said, the advice I can give being a prospective buyer, is you get what you pay for. BDS is great lift company. The fox coilovers will help, but how extreme are you looking to get with your offroading? If your truck will be, mostly, a pavement princess I'd say stick with the basic lift. If you plan on hitting some heavy trails, and riding her harder than a prom-date, then I'd pop for the Fox.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbcoach
I'm in the process of doing something similar... If I had the money, I'd do the full lift. Right now I'm just going with some leveling struts and some new shocks in the rear.

With that said, the advice I can give being a prospective buyer, is you get what you pay for. BDS is great lift company. The fox coilovers will help, but how extreme are you looking to get with your offroading? If your truck will be, mostly, a pavement princess I'd say stick with the basic lift. If you plan on hitting some heavy trails, and riding her harder than a prom-date, then I'd pop for the Fox.
Yeah i realized that i wont be offroading that much so im just going to stick with a simple lift. Everyone keeps telling me to go either bds or rough country. I feel like ive heard more positive feedback from bds though. Also i was wondering what mods i should make to the truck before lifting. Too make up from the obvious loss of power i will have from the bigger tires.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Received 224 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by ajaxthemute
Yeah i realized that i wont be offroading that much so im just going to stick with a simple lift. Everyone keeps telling me to go either bds or rough country. I feel like ive heard more positive feedback from bds though. Also i was wondering what mods i should make to the truck before lifting. Too make up from the obvious loss of power i will have from the bigger tires.
First and foremost, I'd say pick up an Edge or SCT tuner. They'll provide better shift points, which can increase power, as well as getting back some MPGs. You can also calculate for larger tires. Depending on tire size, you might want to re-gear too.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:48 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Not doing it yet because all of this would cost too much here in Hawaii, but once I get back to the mainland I plan on doing the following to my truck;

6" lift (had a Fabtech on my previous truck and loved it so may go with it again)
5" rear lift block (had that on the previous truck also and it leveled it out perfectly)
SCT Tuner from Mike Troyer
Re-gear (A must after lifting. I had Yukon 4.56's in the previous truck)

May do a few other things, but those will be the immediate items.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a 2012 Metal Mulisha Fx4 Ecoboost. 6" Sus. with 2.5" leveling kit and a 3" Body Lift on 39.5's.

Quick Reply: lift kit help