Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which leveling kit?

I'm looking at leveling the front of my 2004 FX4 with the back. The difference between the front and back is 3 inches. If I were to install a 2.5" kit, how noticeable would the difference be?
The following users liked this post:
techrep (07-13-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bilstein 5100 series shocks

i got Bilstein 5100 series ride height adjustable shocks front and rear, and i got a 2.5" lift up front along with added suspension travel and greatly improved ride quality. but overall it looks good it still has a light rake but it is only noticeable when viewing up close and actually taking the time to look and notice it, but otherwise it is very well setup and you get a great shock package, as well as lifetime warranty with Bilstein, i find it has advantages over a coil spacer or strut extension, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i find you get a lot of coil bind on the coil spacer, and strut extensions over extend the control arms which can damage the front cv-joints U&L ball joints and stuff like that, i got a friend back home(dennis) that has the extensions and has replaced his BJ's a couple times in the past 3 1/2 years he's had his truck with the extensions on it. mind you he does live in northern saskatchewan, where the roads arent great... truck/suv/jeep country pretty much...
Old 07-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Elting
I'm looking at leveling the front of my 2004 FX4 with the back. The difference between the front and back is 3 inches. If I were to install a 2.5" kit, how noticeable would the difference be?
2.5 will set you nearly level.. You don't want to go 3" way too much cv shaft angle.. U can always add a leaf or change the block on the rear
Old 07-13-2013, 01:52 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

http://autospringcorp.com/index.php?...a39ccab7d21425

I installed this one front and back left me with 1.75" of rake. My truck was 2.5" of rake stock.

Quick Reply: Which leveling kit?