Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Level kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Level kit

Looking for a level kit for my 2010 Lariat S Crew. Want a true 2" level to match up with the back. Found the following, but don't know what's good and what to look at, so wanted some guidance:

https://www.amazon.com/MotoFab-Lifts...f_rd_i=desktop

Any help is appreciated.

Plan is to put some bigger tires on the truck. Currently have the Stock Ford 18s on it, but looking to go with a wider 17, but don't wanna had to deal with tire rub.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:30 PM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

I would buy steel.. up to you. Can you run a 17" wheel ?
Old 01-24-2017, 03:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw the motofab ones and contemplated buying it but couldn't find any reviews or any talk about them. Doesn't look bad I mean it's a spacer there's not much room for manufacturing errors, but steel would hold up the best
Old 01-24-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by techrep
I would buy steel.. up to you. Can you run a 17" wheel ?

Should be able to. I have 18" on there now.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Marbos
I saw the motofab ones and contemplated buying it but couldn't find any reviews or any talk about them. Doesn't look bad I mean it's a spacer there's not much room for manufacturing errors, but steel would hold up the best

That was my only concern...aluminum. The reviews on Amazon seen good, but I am a novice at this, so want more info before committing to a purchase.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by tower06
That was my only concern...aluminum. The reviews on Amazon seen good, but I am a novice at this, so want more info before committing to a purchase.
Aluminum is pretty malleable, remember you're throwing this on your suspension. All in all it is just a spacer but I would go about purchasing a product a little more reviewed upon. There's a good amount of different spacers out there
Old 02-17-2017, 09:29 AM

Aluminum is pretty malleable, remember you're throwing this on your suspension. All in all it is just a spacer but I would go about purchasing a product a little more reviewed upon. There's a good amount of different spacers out there

So it comes down to either Daystar or Autospring. Those seem to be the best out there for what I am looking for. Anyone with these installed. Ive read that with the 2" levels, people still have about 3/4" rake. Should I go with 2.5? Will that get me level?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by tower06
So it comes down to either Daystar or Autospring. Those seem to be the best out there for what I am looking for. Anyone with these installed. Ive read that with the 2" levels, people still have about 3/4" rake. Should I go with 2.5? Will that get me level?
Those are two of the bigger kits people use. I've seen the autospring and have heard many good things about their products. 2" would keep the suspension components healthier for a longer period of time. A 2.5 up front without adding a block in the rear is pushing it on the suspension. Then again, if thats the look you're going for, then by all means. I don't recommend it though, 2 inches to be on the safe side.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:04 PM

Those are two of the bigger kits people use. I've seen the autospring and have heard many good things about their products. 2" would keep the suspension components healthier for a longer period of time. A 2.5 up front without adding a block in the rear is pushing it on the suspension. Then again, if thats the look you're going for, then by all means. I don't recommend it though, 2 inches to be on the safe side.
I'm just looking to take out the rake and get it even with the rear so I can fit some larger tires in, so 2" would be what I want. I have stock FX4 18" rims currently but have considered going 17" with a fatter tire. Not looking for a lift in the future, just want to change the overall stance of the truck, and aesthetics.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:48 PM

2 inch sounds right on for what you're looking to achieve. With that you should be able to smack 35's on a 4x4 and have minimal or no rubbing.

Last edited by Marbos; 02-17-2017 at 02:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tower06 (02-17-2017)