Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leer topper - want to secure cargo. cage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leer topper - want to secure cargo. cage?

Hello all,

I have an O2 with about 22k miles. Looks like the day it rolled off the showroom but I had a few issues I would like to resolve.

I have a leer XL top and have recently taken up activities that makes me sometimes leave high valued cargo under the topper. I have all the windows in the top, extended cab and windshield blacked out. A Viper 5902, with phone paging and control - has all the bells and whistles with doubled up sensors. Electric hood lockouts, backup batteries, perimeter sensor, glass sensor, notion sensors. I also have a stand alone alarm on the cargo area. Vehicle has gps tracking and controls.

My question is that has anyone built a enclosed cargo hold inside/under the topper. I want to be able to lock the entire cargo area with a cage of some sort. I was thinking about an aluminum barred or plated cage in case someone gets into the topper and bed. Figuring it would stop the smash and grab thieves.

Again here am I going over board? Your ideas are greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trade it in on an armored truck with a full time guard.

kind of need more info on what kind of "high valued cargo" your handling, at the very least rough sizing of said items.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personal items

Hard to drive around an armored vehicle without attracting attention.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again need more info then that.

I COULD sit here and list ideas, but I don't have the time for it. My top suggestions would be a lockable bed mounted tool box even with the cap, some kind of large dog to live in the bed, and or a false floor in the bed.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:12 AM

Received 70 Likes on 64 Posts

get a renters insurance polices to cover what you keep in there and deal with it!
to me there is nothing worth that much trouble and if what you have in there is that important than keep it with you and dont let it get left in your truck

just my $0.02

Quick Reply: Leer topper - want to secure cargo. cage?