Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got the new Edge Evolution CS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
U.S. Navy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just got the new Edge Evolution CS

Hey guys my Fiance just got me the Edge Evolution CS for my b-day so I thought I would post it up. My truck is a 2006 SCREW 5.4L 4x4 Lariat with ZERO previous mods. The install was easy and it fits in the old Evolution dash pod.

Level 1 (transmission only) is great for every day driving. Cleaned up the shifting and the downshifts are A LOT better in day to day traffic.

Level 2 (towing) seems like it advances the timing a little more and adds line pressure in the trans for shifting.

Level 3 (extreme) Adds alot of timing and you feel an around town torque decrease in the low rpm band (which is to be expected with advanced timing). WOT seems just a little faster then level 1. (Barely)

In fact I really didn't feel MUCH of a difference between Level 1 and Level 3. 0-60 was 8.3 with Level 1 and 8.2 with level 3. Stalled trans up to 1,500 RPM with level 1 and 2 pass. No tire spin either time.

The options are nice in the custom setting. Lots of transmission choices and engine timing choices.

Over all it is nice looking and fun to use. When the time comes for lift, wheels/tires, and gear change, I will be glad I have it.

Here's some pics...

Sorry Bout the crappy pics...
Old 03-06-2010, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that thing is sick
Old 03-06-2010, 06:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Isn't level three for 91+ octane?

Looks nice!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Greer
Hey guys my Fiance just got me the Edge Evolution CS for my b-day so I thought I would post it up. My truck is a 2006 SCREW 5.4L 4x4 Lariat with ZERO previous mods. The install was easy and it fits in the old Evolution dash pod.

Level 1 (transmission only) is great for every day driving. Cleaned up the shifting and the downshifts are A LOT better in day to day traffic.

Level 2 (towing) seems like it advances the timing a little more and adds line pressure in the trans for shifting.

Level 3 (extreme) Adds alot of timing and you feel an around town torque decrease in the low rpm band (which is to be expected with advanced timing). WOT seems just a little faster then level 1. (Barely)

In fact I really didn't feel MUCH of a difference between Level 1 and Level 3. 0-60 was 8.3 with Level 1 and 8.2 with level 3. Stalled trans up to 1,500 RPM with level 1 and 2 pass. No tire spin either time.

The options are nice in the custom setting. Lots of transmission choices and engine timing choices.

Over all it is nice looking and fun to use. When the time comes for lift, wheels/tires, and gear change, I will be glad I have it.

Here's some pics...

Sorry Bout the crappy pics...
Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but do you think the size of the screen is large enough? I am trying to decide between the CS and CTS. I don't want to waste money on the CTS if the CS screen is large enough.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ive heard theres no performance difference between the CS and the CTS, only the screen. id rather go with the CS because of the price difference, but it sure would be cool to have a nice touch screen programmer
Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JorgeRod54
ive heard theres no performance difference between the CS and the CTS, only the screen. id rather go with the CS because of the price difference, but it sure would be cool to have a nice touch screen programmer
I ended up getting the CTS on a deal (for near the price of the CS). I still think they are both WAY over priced - but I will have to say, I am glad I went with the CTS. I like having 5 gages on the screen - engine coolant, MPG, Voltage, Trans. Temp, MPH.
I like the coolant and voltage displayed because I have the Flex-a-lite efans, Trans. Temp because I like to keep on eye on it, MPH because it is more accurate than the speedo and a heads up display. MPG is the primary reason why I bought the CTS. So, I guess having three display spaces would not have worked for me anyway. Still an overpriced toy though.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

That looks soooooooooo sick!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got the edge CS and i need to find the pod for it i dont like the looks of the mount it comes with
Old 12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
U.S. Navy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08f150guy
i just got the edge CS and i need to find the pod for it i dont like the looks of the mount it comes with
As you can see from the pix, I have the pod for mine, but I took it off the dash and fitted it into the ash tray (Lariat Full Center Console) and I like it in there much more. Its hidden away, looks clean and neat, and I had no use for the ash tray anyway (Non-smoker). Plus That pod doesnt match my dash at all painted black...
Old 12-28-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Ryan,
I'd like to see pics of your set up if possible.

Quick Reply: Just got the new Edge Evolution CS