Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPF Dual Function Light Install Wiring Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Shiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IPF Dual Function Light Install Wiring Issue

Well, I just purchased a Ranch Hand grill guard with dual function IPF lights installed from a guy off craig's list and he included the wiring harness without instructions of course. It has the SportControl relay system with the two button in-cab control with the 3 wire flat ribbon and fused yellow wire attached. The lights came on at first and after a few minutes stopped working...no fuses blown anywhere, and can't find any information on how to truly install this light system on the 2004 F150.

Please help! This is my first post and am excited to be a part of the forum now...have searched here many times and found valuable information, so knew this was the right place to search!

Thanks for any input, Todd
Old 04-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can you draw a picture of the wiring, or post a link to the item?

Wiring is not too hard, there are just lots of places to make mistakes.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Shiner

I know it should be simple...very frustrating. Have completed 6 rebuilds from the block up over the years, and this has stumped and aggravated me to where I thought I would post rather than try and try again - don't want to short or melt anything

Here is what I have found so far:

http://www.wagoneers.com/JEEPS/IPF/I...ON-lights.html

I attached yellow wire from switch (2 button) to battery directly instead of high beams...FYI.

Any help is appreciated,

Todd
Old 04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you tried contacting the company, or looking on their website to see if you can get some instructions?

I could not find the instructions on the ARB site, but your best bet is to just contact them about it.

http://www.arbusa.com/contact_us.php

Last edited by Ty; 04-27-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Shiner

Thanks for the suggestion...was so frustrated over the weekend didn't even think to call ARB. So, called them and their tech emailed me a wiring diagram and I ended up wiring to my high beam green/blk lead coming out of the plug at the headlight and all I can say is AWESOME! These lights are way brighter than the rectangular KCs I had on another truck, and the dual fog/spot beam feature with in cab 2 button control is very nice to say the least.

I highly recommend the IPF Hybrid Assist Series lights...they come with brush guards for the lights and look very sharp too.

Thanks again!

Todd

Quick Reply: IPF Dual Function Light Install Wiring Issue