Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing a 2" ReadyLift leveling kit on 15 F150

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installing a 2" ReadyLift leveling kit on 15 F150

I have a few questions regarding the installation of a Readylift leveling kit on our new 2015 F150. I was told these are good kits for these's trucks, as they don't need any mods to truck to install. This will be my first leveling kit installation, but I feel I'm up to it...I've goggled a few installs on other 2015 F150s and they require metric wreches up to 30mm? But going by the instructions that came with the kit, I need nothing bigger then a 21mm for the tie rod end nuts. Has anyone installed these kits before? Any info would be appreciated.
cheers.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's right, mostly 18mm and 21mm. You should be fine watching youtube videos. I just did mine. Just make sure you have a good long pry bar. And you will need to hammer out the lower strut studs once the strut is removed. Otherwise, I have no idea how you would get the thing back together. Just a side note, the job totally sucks. I never want to do it again.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Outrider
That's right, mostly 18mm and 21mm. You should be fine watching youtube videos. I just did mine. Just make sure you have a good long pry bar. And you will need to hammer out the lower strut studs once the strut is removed. Otherwise, I have no idea how you would get the thing back together. Just a side note, the job totally sucks. I never want to do it again.
I'm hoping it's not that bad...i don't wanna freeze my *** off. Weather up here is getting cold, and my truck only fits about 3/4 of the way into my heated garage..I've been training as a Millwright for a few years now..hope my Industrial experience helps in this one.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Millwright7
I'm hoping it's not that bad...i don't wanna freeze my *** off. Weather up here is getting cold, and my truck only fits about 3/4 of the way into my heated garage..I've been training as a Millwright for a few years now..hope my Industrial experience helps in this one.
I did mine 2 weeks ago with my truck 1/4 way in the garage. (Ontario) Took me almost 1.5 hours to do the right side. and maybe 1/2 hour for the left. Had it figured out.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:30 PM

Got her done today, love the look. Had a few small issues, but nothing a little swearing couldn't fix. Lol Next news tires and rims, getting them mounted and installed this week!